Once Upon a Nightmare (Vampire Teacher/Student) 4

-Chapter 4-

I try to work on another painting, but the tears had started streaming uncontrollably down my face and I retreated to my bed and used the pillows to muffle the sound of my sobs. This time I wasn’t crying because of my peers or fights, but all because my damned history teacher, Mr. Thomas.

I felt bad for shouting at him, but he should have punished Kelley as well. I suppose I would see her flirting with him now, and that made me more upset. I didn’t know why, maybe I was becoming like them, maybe I was becoming a conformist. No, I was a student and he was a teacher... although he was really good looking. Sparkling blue eyes, not too shaggy or messy brown hair, and probably in his early twenties- No. I could not become a conformist. 

“Anna!” My mother calls. 

Quickly I wipe the tears from my face and start applying liquid and powder foundation to cover my bruised cheek and jaw, I cough a little to clear up my voice and let my auburn hair cover my hazel eyes, “Yes mother?”

“We are visiting your father tonight.”

“Ok.”

“I thought you should come,” She adds. 

“Why?” I ask.

She opens the door without my permission, annoying me, but I don’t let her see it. “Everyone deserves a second chance don’t you think?” 

I don’t respond. 

She sighs, “Come on. We won’t stay too long.”

On the treacherous ride to the asylum, I got another flashback. This was part of the reason I hated my father so much. 

We were at the park, he was supposed to be watching me, but he was talking to some other father’s who let their children run wild. 

I was wandering around when a radiant woman came up to me and she took a rock and scraped my wrist with it, that made me bleed slightly. I started to cry in pain, but my father failed to notice. I was forced to drink something, it tasted like nothing I had ever had before and it was a thick, dark liquid. 

“Don’t worry, I’ll be watching over you,” The woman promised. 

Where the woman scratched me was where my scar was formed. It made me wonder what was in that drink. Why would my scar start healing now anyway? Was it really because of Mr. Thomas? Or some other reason? 

At the asylum, I am forced to talk to him first. 

“Hello father,” I say stiffly.

“How are you, Anna?”

“As if you really care,” I spat.

“Robert time for your shots,” A nurse comes into the room. 

As the needle pricks his skin and the dark, red blood oozes out the flashback comes back to me and I gasp in realization. Blood. I quickly run out of the room and to the bathrooms where I begin to throw up although it really does nothing, but make me more anxious.  I clean myself up and go into the lobby to see that my mother and brother have already went in to talk to him. All the while, I am trying to stop myself from being admitted into this asylum for freaking out. 

Who feeds children blood? And marks them? Psychopaths? Murderers? And promises to watch over them?!

It makes me think back to the book from my aunt. Vampires drink blood. Maybe that woman was part of a ‘vampire wannabe’ cult. That had to be it. 

When we returned home, I rushed up to my room to check out the Vampire book. In the Table of contents the sections were: Diet, Nocturnal, Transformation, Mating, Powers, Extra Abilities, Prophecies and Goddesses, Other. 

The only thing about scarring was under Mating. I open up the book to the page and read the passage: 

The mating process between vampires usually occurs when they are fully grown and are able to willingly swap their own blood.There have been cases where one of the Goddesses will step in and get young vampires to exchange blood without knowing until they meet in the future - usually these cases occur because the burning of the mates’ scars lead them to realize they’ve been marked. Only real mates are scarred, but the closer mates get the less the burning is apparent and eventually the scar fades, but the blood bond is still strong.

Humans can be be mated with vampires in rare cases. The human is chosen by a Goddess who has decided to become his or her guardian, he/she is marked and given his or her future mate’s blood. The young vampire is given some of the human’s blood and the same scar. When they meet it will be exactly as a vampire meeting his/her mate if the Goddesses have stepped in. The fighting will only make the burning worse and make the human weaker. 

Before I would have rolled my eyes at this passage, but now it was sounded exactly like what happened to me. Was Mr. Thomas too perfect to be human? But even if that could he be my mate let alone a vampire? Or was it someone else?  

He would have fangs wouldn’t he? Maybe I have to read this book to learn what I could be dealing with. 

_____________________________________________________________________________

That “All About Vampires” book is the first Chapter before this story begins so if you skipped it some points later on may become confusing. It’s not really a book like in my imagination, it’s about a page long. 

Please vote and share if you like this!