nineteen ☽ parties and drunken kisses

M A C K E N Z I E

hey! shoutout to jamiethewriter cause her books are amazing. go follow AND SAY HI BACK TO ME SMH

It's been 4 days since John and I had that weird encounter and let's just say the rest of the week, wasn't that much socializing either.

- flash back -

"Hey Johnny, do you want to meet up at your house or my house," I ask Johnny as I quickly run up to him realizing our project. "Um, your house I guess," he questions and I just smile and nod my head.

"Bye Johnny boi, see you later," I happily say kissing him cheek and walking back to my friends. I see Johnny's cheeks turn red before he walks away.

- and time skip -

It was the end of the school day and I run out of my classroom to catch up to Johnny before he could forget we have a project.

As I finally catch up to him it takes me a minute to catch my breath. "Hey John, you ready for the project?" I ask him. He just nods.

We walk to my house in an awkward silence. "Mom, were going up to my room," I yell as Johnny and I enter the house and start to run up the stairs. "That's fine with me, hi Johnny," My mom yells to us.

Let's just say my mom likes Johnny better then me. We arrive at my room before I plop down onto my bed. "So where should we start," I ask him as he takes out the song book.

I hear him mumble 'No idea' as I see him take out the song book. "Lets start on the main verses," I tell him as he sits down next to me and nods. Then I began to sing

I hear everything they saying, saying 'bout us
It's not about right or wrong, it's about what we love
Would it be simple or would it be too complicated?
Should i keep going or maybe it's better to stop?

What if a tomorrow means that we are here together?
What if we are taking chances just to loose it all?
Am i really crazy thinking 'bout this all together?
What if i've been missing all the writing on the wall?

I put my head down as I realize that was bad. "Ugh I'm a terrible singer," I mutter as Johnny just looks at me and lifts my head. "You're amazing Kenzie," he says making me smile.

After that we got a lot done and I started to forgive him a bit until I see him get a call from Sophia. "Um, I have to go," he says after hanging up on her.

I just sadly nod my head as he gives me a side hug. "Bye Kenzie," he says to me as I mutter a good bye to him too.

Forgiving isn't that easy, I say to myself as I sigh plopping onto my bed.

- present -

So as you can see, nothing really changed. The rest of the week I avoid him and every time he tried to come up to me I just turned and talked to myself.

Today was Friday which was the day of Mark Thomas's legendary parties. The girls and I were getting ready at Annie's house before we left to go.