SHADOWS OF THE PAST

A month passed. 

Emir arrived home a bit angry, nervous.

 "Where is Zeynep?"

  "Upstairs Emir bey"

  When Emir opened the door of their room, found Zeynep ordering some clothes. 

"Zeynep..what are you doing?"

  "You arrived?!" Zeynep went to him and kissed his lips.

  "Yes..but why are you doing those things?Efsane can take care of that."

  "Emir, there is not such big thing"

  "I don't want you to do any effort while you are pregnat.Btw tomorrow we have the appointment to the doctor"

  "Oh yes.I'm glad you are so carreful" Zeynep said putting her hands around his neck.

  "How can I not be when is about my child?!"

  "OUR child"

  "Our!"

  Zeynep touched his nose with hers.

  "Poyraz..?"

  "In his room.Your mother is reading to him some stories."

  "Fine.."

  Zeynep made him look at her.

 "You are fine?Did something happened to you..?"

  "No nothing.."

  "Emir...I know something is not well with you..You can tell me if you want.."

  "I don't want to cover you with those things.."

  "Emir!I care of all concerning you!You are my husband,the father of my childrens..the man i love.."

  Emir touched her face. "I like when you tell me those things.."

  "I hope i can hear it also from your mouth some day.."

  Emir turned his glance instantly. Zeynep knows there is still time for this.She took his face again making him look at her.

 "Like I've always told you..I will never force you with anything.You'll see..You by yourself will going to tell me what I wanna hear."

 Zeynep smiled kissing Emir's lips shortly.He still had his eyes closed for seconds even after the kiss then he opened them. 

"Now tell me..what's disturbing you.."

  "It's about Galip Kozcuoglu"

  "Your father?"

  Emir gived her a cold look.Zeynep understood the message. 

"What happened?"

  "He called me from jail.He wanted to speak with me..Told me he's missing me.."

  "Emir...it's normal..after all, beside everything..he's the man who gived you life"

  "Yes and the one who destroyed my childhoud and made me what I'am..."

  Zeynep took Emir's face on her hands. "You are not like you used to be Emir...Don't you see how much you changed..? You really don't see?"

  "I wanna believe this Zeynep..but something tells me..inside me, I'm the same.."

  "Emir listen to me..No one can change totally and you..You has never been a bad person Emir..The way you were raised, the circumstances made you be like that..."

  "Galip Kozcuoglu. He destroyed my childhoud when tried kill my mother. If my mother would been from the beginning next to me..maybe I wouldn't become that.."

  "Now you have her! You have her, me, Poyraz and our baby whom soon will come to the world..." 

Zeynep said putting Emir's hand on her belly. Both had tears on their eyes. Emir kissed her belly.

  "Emir..maybe will be good if you talk with your father... Maybe will make you feel better, to free yourself.. Do what you feel..."

 Emir kissed her forehead pressing his lips there for moments closing his eyes.

  After few hours of thinking, Emir decided go to jail to see Galip. Galip remained shocked when the guardian informed him his son came to visit him.

  "Emir son....!!!"

  Emir looked with cold eyes at him. Galip sat on the chair facing Emir through the window glass..for good moments of full silence. Emir still had that look. Galip looked only down, afraid to look into his son's eyes. Emir finally broked the silence.

 "Maybe you are asking yourself why I'am here...I also ask myself...what i'm doing here to a traitor like you.."

  "Emir son.."

  "Shh! Today I will speak! You've betrayed me in the worst way ever to my enemy..and you know what i've lost for that.. You stoled my childhoud threwing my mother from that terrace... You stoled my youth teaching me in life all can be buy it with money...But isn't true.. Love and respect can't be buy with money! I learned this finally..!"

  Tears rolled on Galip face.

 "I'm sorry son...Forgive me...Forgive me for everything..for all...You don't know how much I'm regretting it...Being closed there..made me learn..made me see and regret all the mistakes i did.. I know you will never forgive me but...I apologize for all......."

  Emir eyes filled with tears.

  "I was never a good father... I know.. If I could give the time back....But i know is not possible.. all I can pray and hope now is you.. not do same mistakes like me.. you to be different..son.."

  "I'AM DIFFERENT! I will never be like you Galip Kozcuoglu !"

  "..I missed you so much son... I thought..you wouldn't accept to come, i really remained shocked when they told me about your visite.."

  "I didn't wanted to come.. You should thank my wife for that"

  "Nihan..?"

  "My wife, Zeynep !"

  "Did you married again son..?"

 Galip cried while smiling, feeling happy for his son. 

"Really Emir..? Enough with Nihan.. Oh my God I'm so happy for you my son.. Is the best choice you could ever take!! Who's the girl?"

  "..The sister of Kemal Soydere !"

  "Emir..son..you are with her for revenge ag.."

  "NO ! I'am a father ! I have a son of one year and half. And another is in the road!"

  Galip burst on tears.

 "Emir...Oh Emir...You made me so happy... You don't have idea how much I'm happy for you..... What's the name of.."

  "Poyraz..."

  "Oh..."

  The guardian came saying the time ended. Galip asked for few minutes more but he was not granted. Emir stood up.

  "Emir son... Take care of yourself and of your family.. I've always believed..you will be a better father than me.."

  The guardian took Galip back on the cell. Emir walked outside with slow steps. He unbottoned the first buttons of his shirt and bursted into tears.