The Drive

7:00P.M.

Whoever said that life is better with some good friends... is a liar.

A goddamned, no good, filthy liar. I have lived my whole life without having people, and I'm fine... right? Its like when you finally get the glimpse of how having friends is, you never want to let that leave you... until you think about the near future where they drop you and find others to replace you. How did I come to these thoughts you may ask.

Maybe its the fact that I just left all the friends I had...even though we just met about two days ago. Or maybe its the fact that all people are assholes and always will be. As I flip through my book of poetry, I find one and flag it with a sticky note.

"she was a rose
in the hands of those
who had no intention
of keeping her."
~Milk and Honey

Why do I always have to relate to the sad quotes and not the uplifting ones? My thoughts get interrupted as a pounding erupts from downstairs. I turn down the music on my laptop and listen to make sure it wasn't just my mind. They aren't suppose to be home until tomorrow morning. The thudding echoes upstairs so I set my book and laptop aside then leave my room.

I stand a few feet away from the front door, waiting to hear it again, hoping they just left so I don't have to talk to anyone. My social anxiety gets to me.

"I know your home." A male voice says and I shiver while taking a step back.

"Victoria!" Sam's voice yells on the other side as he bangs again. I groan. "I know your home. I saw your room light on..."

"Go away Sam!" I yell then start going up the stairs but hear an eerie creaking behind me when I am halfway to my safe room. I spin around in my step and see the front door wide open with a key inside the lock. I look at Sam, Mason, and Owen as they look at me. Where did they find the key? Even I didn't know there was a key out there.

"She keeps the key under the plant still? She really needs to change where she hides that..." Owen starts and I roll my eyes then start up the stairs.

"Please leave or I will call the police." I say seriously then go into my room. I don't hear any talking or anything for a few seconds, so I a almost positive they left. I sit on my bed and pick up my book then hear the front door creak again. Thank  god they left. I start my music again and go back to my book.

"So, this is your room." Sam says and I jump to see them all coming into my room and look around, making me even more frustrated.

"Seriously? You guys just don't know when to quit do you?" I ask pissed off. Mason looks at my bruised cheek then sits on my reading chair. Owen looks at me then sits on the desk next to me. "I'm not in the mood. Leave." They don't move so I grab my phone, ready to call the police but get tackled lightly on my bed by Sam. He throws my phone to Owen and he catches it, placing it behind him. "Get off me!" I scream struggling under him. My heart beats out of my chest and my face turns pink at how we're laying. I give up when Owen and Mason start laughing at me and look up at Sam. "What do you want?"

"Stop being mad at us." He says and I shake my head.

"I don't want to. Screw you guys." I spit in anger. I look at Mason and he looks at me. "I don't need friends anyway. They just screw you over."

"I'm sorry. I have been trying to work out all my beef with everyone out... today they just exploded." He says and I don't say anything.

"Can you get off me?" I ask Sam in frustration. He looks to the side as if he were debating on it.

"If you forgive us." He says and I roll my eyes, annoyed by how childish they are.

"Fine. I forgive you." He smiles like a little girl. "Now get off me fatso and kindly leave?"