Chapter 4

~Richie~

I pulled up to the mansion they called home, got out of the car, and knocked on the door. A woman, I am assuming her mom, answered the door.

"Oh hey, you must be Ashleys little friend," She said snotty. The odd thing was she didn't even look like Ashley. Ashley had dark brown hair and big green eyes and her mother had bleached hair and the darkest eyes I have ever seen.

"Um yes is her and her brothers stuff packed? I brought a truck." She looked at me, she didn't seem sad or anything.

"Yes, I know that they are happy to leave right now-" She pauses and grabs my arm. "But trust me they will be back." I pull away just as a boy, that looks about 13 years old, comes to me with a big hug. His scruffy brown hair makes me itch. He pulles away as I see the same green eyes as his sister.

"Thank you!" He says.

"No problem, lets put everything in the truck." He looks past my shoulder at the truck.

"Thats a huge truck,"He says then takes my hand and leads me up the stairs. He pulls down a ladder and lets me go first. I climb up and see the saddest thing ever. They had two suit cases and and  a twin mattress.

"That's all?"

"We don't have that much stuff. Our parents think that other stuff, like decorations, are not important." Ashely's brother says behind me.

"I didn't catch your name," I say turning around.

"Oh my name's Sean." He smiles, and he has a sense of hope in his eyes.

"Cool  I am Richie."

"I know you are the one that saved my sister, thank you." Did he not know?

"Um no I didn't I am the one that put her in the hospital."

"Yes, but that is how we found the deadly cancer." He smiles, I smile back, this boy is so happy. I turn around and grab both of the suit cases. Sean walks towards the mattress.

"Don't worry about that I will get it." I say as he picks it up.

"It's fine I'm used to it," He says and walks foward, poor kid.

We arrive at my house and I open my front door then go open the truck. I grab the mattress this time and Sean took care of the suit cases. I have to say the matteress was so heavy. I was almost to the door, until I dropped it. I looked around for help then comes Caden, "the super hero", as he calls himself. He comes and picks the matteress up with one arm, show off.

I show Sean to his new room, he looks amazed. "This is my room?"

"And mine," My brother says. I roll my eyes and nod.

"Thank you so much, you saved my sister and me." He says hugging both me and my brother. I smile and hug him back.

We pull back, " You can put your bed here." Caden says.

"We will by you a frame, and a dresser, and what ever else." Sean smile fades.

"Where is Ashley sleeping?" He asks unsurely.

"In my room, why?" Sean looked at the bed unsurely.

"There's only one bed." I smile.

"I already told you, we will buy everything you need"

"Thanks" it's silent. "But that's too much money," Sean says breaking the silence.

"I don't care," I say, he sighs. Then he walks over to the suitcases and takes one.

"Where's your room?" I show him my room and where Ashley's bed is going to be. He sets down the suitcase and hugs me once more. I glance at Caden, he looks away.

"You should go get organized," I say then walk over and take Caden's wrist and walk into my room. Sean went back into his new room. I close the door and look back at confused Caden. His hand is going through his is dirty blonde hair.

"Really, you should be excited for him." He looked at me and rolled his eyes.

"I am, okay?!?" he says then walks out of the room. Okay then...