Chapter 18

Caden had done a lot to me these past months. It was a hard choice to make. I sat there as everyone around me seemed to not know I was there. I felt so alone, until Caden sat next to me and took my hand I looked up at him with tears in my eyes. The realization came to me, I care about him and he cares about me. I look up to find that everyone except Caden and I had ran out of the room.

"Look, I am so sorry," He says, "I care about you a lot and I would never kiss another girl, because I think I'm falling in love with you." He looks up shocked at what he just said. His face went bright red as he ran out of the room. I was frozen. Richie came in scared to see what happened. She sat down next to me, and shooed my brother, who was following her.

"Are you okay? What happened? Do I need to tackle him and hit some sense into him? Talk to me Ashley!! Your scaring me!!" She says with her hands on my shoulders. I smile, I had just figured out something. I love my best friends' brother, the most cliche thing in the world.

"Your brother confessed his love for me," I say standing up. Her expression was unreadable. "I got to go after him!" I say running out of the room.

"You love him too!!" I hear her scream as I find my brother sitting on the floor already playing video games.

"Where is he?" I say.

"Who?"

"Come on!!"

"Oh Caden, he ran out the door," He says. I had to find him that very moment, or else the moment may be lost.

~Caden~

It is true, I may have jeopardized my whole relationship with Ash. It had just come out, I didn't expect it to. She looked so confused, I'll never get that out of my head. I needed to go somewhere. Tania. I needed to talk to her, she knows Ash, and how she reacted.

I walked in to the store to find no Tania. I ask the employee that is working, and she is no where to be found. I decided I just needed to think things over. I went to the alley way, where Ash told me her secret. That is a weird place, but I felt peace there. I sat next to the building, remembering Ash in her wheel chair. Remembering her showing me her scar. I needed to think of what to do. I can't hide forever. When you say you love someone, that someone will never forget.

~Ashley~

He could be anywhere. I needed to tell him how I felt. Things were going to be great between us, if I could find him. I tried all his favorite places. I finally thought of Tania's place. I ran in looking for him, he had to be here. I found Tania at her place and he was not there. I sat down at her kitchen table.

"I don't know where he could be, I am just scared that I will lose my chance, " I finish looking up at Tania laughing. I roll my eyes, "This is not exciting, it's making me have anxiety!" I say getting up to start pacing. She stands up still smiling.

"You are going to get you're first official boyfriend, your parents would do the exact same thing" I smile and hug her. "Listen, have you checked 'your' places. The places with good memories?" She says searching my face. "You know what, let's have a girls' night then. We can watch all the 'chick flicks' and we can paint our nails. Ooo and-"

"No I think I know where he is," I say laughing. He must be at one of the places we went on our first date.

I went to the park and the movies, but then I realized that we had our first "moment" in the alley way. I ran to it and walked through looking for a figure.

I passed the dumpster and I saw him sitting against the wall. He stood up staring at me, scared of what I might do. I smiled and ran towards him. I put my arms around his neck and kissed him. It finally happened, it was finally right.