Chapter 10

"Okay so you can't do anything extreme with this boot on okay?" the doctor says as I nod. I was excited I was actually going to be able to walk, kind of, again! I walked out of the room just as Richie came up to me.

        "How does it feel?" She says. I smile, How does it feel?

        "Amazing, I just can't wait to run!" Richie laughs.

        "You know since your healing process is going faster then planned maybe you can try out for track, cross country or even soccer!" She sounds really excited. I nodded and went into the car.

        "Ya that would be pretty fun, I know those sports! Probally from watching my dads sports channel and getting the newspaper for him." I say. She nodds and then drives home.

        "Ooo I can see that you can walk now!" Sean says and hugs me as we enter the front door. I scruffed his his hair and looked at Caden standing against the wall. He smiles and hugs me.

        "Congrats Ash," I smile.

        "Thanks. We should go get fro yo, and I promise I won't run to the library again." I say as they all laugh. It was fun to be able to do things for my self.

        "Ya we can but Sean can't come." Caden says.

        "Why?" Sean said he was confused too.

        "My mom is going to take you to your registration," Caden smiles then his mom comes in. There mom and dad are so nice! Richie gets her looks from her mom and her personality from her dad. Caden is oppisote.

        "Thanks," Sean says then walks out the front door. Richie waves by to them then looks back at me and Caden. She smiles a little then a look of worry goes through her face.

        "What's wrong?" Caden asks.

        "I totally forgot, I have to go to a job interview. I am so sorry." She says then goes to our room. That mean't that Caden and I were going to be alone because there dad was working, awkward. I walk behind her.

        "Don't leave me alone, with him," I say as she grabs her purse.

        "This gives you time with him, like I said when you woke up, I think he likes you." I roll my eyes as she exits the room

        "Oh I see how it is, you go to that 'job interveiw" I say, rudely. She walks out the door and before she closes it she winks at me. For once a best friend wants her best friend to date her older brother, if that makes sense.

        "So, " He says pausing, thinking of what to say. "You still want to go to get some fro yo?" I smile and nod then go get my purse.

        I got cake batter this time and some toppings. Caden actually got something this time, vanilla. "Why not peanut butter flavored, or rasberry?" Caden laughs and takes another bite.

        "I don't know I just never really been into icecream, or frozen yogurt." He says smiling then puts his hand through his light brown hair.

        "Then what do you like?"

        "Well I like cake," I smile, stand up, then take my bowl and throw it away. Caden looks at me confused when I take his unfinished bowl and throw it away. "What are you doing?" He says standing up.

        "I am taking you to a bakery, my dad used to make me go there to get cupcakes for partys." He looks suprised then smiles. I smile back to him then we walk a couple blocks.