Chapter 21

~Caden~

She looked so peaceful until the doctors came in to talk to us.

"Earlier today we took a CAT scan of her brain. Sadly we found a brain tumor, we can can only operate if she has parent consent. The thing is this can save her life so we need it as soon as possible," He says watching my expression. I look over at Ash's poor brother and then at Richie. We had to get the parents consent.

We quickly hopped into the car and went straight to her parents' house. I look at both of them once more and see fear in there eyes. I was scared to, this could easily go wrong. I find myself in front of the doorstep to the biggest house in the neighborhood. I had the papers in hand and I was ready to get signature, I only had to knock. I looked at the white fist in front of me, with my knuckles touching the door. I see Richie quickly press the doorbell and we wait.

"What do you want?" Her mom says pulling it open slightly. She gives me a death glare as we stood there speechless. I suddenly grow furious. Are we seriously going to sit here while Ash sits in the hospital unconscious?!?

"Ashley as a brain tumor and we need your consent in order to move forward with the surgery!" I yell shoving the form in her face. She looked at me with a smirk and took the papers. We then followed her inside. She had us sit down then she left the room. She comes back in with Ashley's dad, they both had the same smile on there faces.

"We will sign it if she moves back here, we need both our children back," The father says. I instantly stand up and yell at them. Some was gibberish and some was about Ash staying with us. They look at each other and smile. "Fine then she has to stay with us for her recovery," The dad states. I had to do that, but I couldn't. I start yelling and screaming again. The mom slides the form in front of me and smiles.I look at Richie and she mouths just do it. Her eyes were watering up and she and Sean exited the house. In order for them to sign the papers I had to sign away my girl. That was the toughest thing I had to do.

I sigh and slowly slide the papers over to her so called parents. They both sign it, still smiling. I was disgusted.

It had been a month since the surgery, she still had no sign of waking up. I could tell the doctors had even lost hope, but I hadn't. I looked at her beautiful face and held her hand . "Please Ash wake up," I whisper, breaking the silence. Suddenly the same doctor that has been through everything with Ash came in. He had a grim look on his face.

"Because the results we thought did not happen, sadly we will have to remove her off the ventilator if she still doesn't wake up within next month. There is no more hope," He says then exits the room. I stood there in shock, she could truly die. I found myself in silence looking at her clean face. I remembered all those times, good and bad.

I took both of her hands and whispered, "I will not come back unless you are alive, see you soon." I brush my lips on her forehead and then walked out, for maybe my last time.

~Richie~

I stood there, frozen.

"How can we have hope when there is none?" I ask. I let my tears run down my face as my brother and I sat there in silence. I hear a creak by the door and there stood Sean. He looked like the saddest puppy ever, this was the moment that we all had a reason to cry. He walked over and looked at both of us.

"I need to see her," He says then turned around and walked out of the room. I wipe off my tears and put on my brave face. I look at Caleb, he looked like his heart was going to rip out on spot.

"We need to tell her why she needs to stay," I say standing up and taking everyone to the car. We drove in silence. I looked at the familiar building that grew darker every time we visited. We walked as a group in the familiar halls ready to say come back. Suddenly I see Caden stop out the corner of my eye. Sean and I stop walking and turn around. My brother looked so confused.

"I-I can't, as much as I want to I can't. This is too close to saying goodbye, and I cannot say goodbye to that girl. I promised her that the next time I see her will be the time she wakes up, and I will see her again," He says then walks off. I look at him walking off. Sean and I still walk to the room and we look in the mirror. She looked the same and healthy as ever. We walk in and I still heard the silence. I look at the stitches at the back of her head, but you had to look hard for them. I look at her ready to say something, but I couldn't. Sean inches forward and gently touches her hand. I do the same and we just watch her. I could tell that we both wanted her to make a move. I lift up her hand.

"Move, come on move. Ashley, you can easily move a finger, just one finger," I let my tears go. I kneel down and hold her hand. "Let me feel your muscles move, please," I move closer to her. I look at Sean and he was holding her hand to his chest. I pull her hand up to my forehead, seeing if I could feel something from her.

Sean looks up with an excited face. He points to her hand, still has happy as can be. I stand up and watched her to see if she was moving at all.

"I felt her, I swear, come on Ashley," He screams. Then something that we never thought would happen actually happened, she flat lined.