Chapter 3

~Richie~

I stood up and yelled good luck at Ashley. Then I got out my phone and called my parents.

"Hello?"

"Hi mom I have a big huge question that will change two lives!"

"What?" I explained to her what Ashley's parents were doing to her and her brother.  Then I told her what I told Ashley just a few seconds ago.

"So you want to know if your friend and her brother can live with us?!?" She was suprised but I knew that she would understand.

"And I was thinking Ashley can be in my room with me and her brother would be in Caden's bedroom with him" There was a silence.

"Yes."  I squeeled, she said yes!

"Thank you so much! I'll tell her when she gets out of surgery!"

"Surgery?"

"Oh about that, got to go!" I felt bad hanging up on her but I had to see how Ashley was.

As if on cue a pear shaped nurse with her beautiful brown hair sliked back in a bun came in looking worried. Oh no what happened now?!?

"She had an allergic reaction to the stuff we gave her to go to sleep. She's in coma now and the way she's functioning shows that she could wake up soon." Wasn't expecting that.

She took my hand and guided me towards a room. She opened the door and there lyed peaceful Ashley.  I walked in slowly not knowing what to think.

"The Dr. got out all the cancer before the reaction. " The nurse said trying to comfort me.  I turned around and nodded saying she could go. Then I held her hand, she's so strong, and always looking to the bright side. Which reminded me, her phone was in the other room.

I found it and went to the contacts. I found her mom's number and dialed it.

"When are you coming home your dad and I are waiting?"

"This isn't Ashley, this is her friend and I called you to say that she and her brother are moving out. So tell her brother to pack his things. Then pack her things, she's in a coma, I will be there at 8 am tomorrow sharp. Thanks bye!"

I felt so powerful. Ashley made me stick up for not only myself but for other people. I felt like I accomplished something,  something life changing.