Chapter 11

~Caden~

        What did I just do? Why did I just do that? I walked off, worrying that she was mad at me. I looked back at her sitting on a bench, crying. I was mad at myself for making her sad. I knew I shouldn't of walked away like that but I did anyway. I walked to my car and drove to my house. I was there before Ashley came home so I ran into my room. Sean looked at me suprised and stoped looking through his school stuff.

        "How was the fro yo?" Sean asked going back to what he was doing.

        "Eh it could of been better," I said laying down on my bed.

        "Was Ashleys foot hurting at all?" He asked looking at me. I have never though of that, did it?

        "I don't know," I say then pulled out my iPod and listened to my favorite mix. Suddenly the door opened and Richie jumped onto me and started yelling. I took out my ear buds and soon regretted it. My ears were ringing and I couldn't make out what she was saying. I finally got her off of me and ran to the living room. I was about to jump onto the couch when I got tackled. Richie finally got off of me when my mom screamed from the kitchen to stop. I sat on the couch and she stood up.

        "How dare you!" She says to me. Did Ashley tell her? "I had to pick her up, and when she called me she sounded like she was crying," Richie says. Before I could answer she stormed toward her room.

        "Ok then," I mutter not really thinking anything of it then Richie came running to me.

        "Really you ditched her don't you know that, I thought you cared about her!" She yells then whispers into my ear. "I thought you like liked her," then she walks back to her room once more. I did like her in that way but I wasn't sure she did. I needed to talk to Ashley.

        I walked into her room after a while to find her reading Harry Potter Book 4. Richie was going to another job interveiw. "Hey," I said after awhile. She looked up then back at her book. I sat there awkwardly for a while then sat by her. She scooted away from me. Her brown hair hiding her face from me. I kneeled in front of her and looked into her green eyes she looked up at me. A sense of hurt in her eyes.

        "What." She said closing her book. I was speachless not knowing what to say.

        "I am sorry for ditching you," I blurt out. She brushes her hair out of her face then stands up.

        "Is dinner ready?" She asks. I nod and walk toward the dinner table.

        "Sorry for screaming at you, Caden." Richie says in the door way. I get off of my bed and walk to her.

        "Is Ashley still mad at me?" I say, scared to know the answer. Richie nods then takes my wrist. She goes to the bathroom and sits me on the edge of the bathtub.

        "Okay I am going to do the same thing to Ashley that I did to you when you were mad at her." She says then exits the bathroom.

        ~Ashley~

        "Ashley look at this new soap I got! It smells so good!" Richie says. She pushes me in the bathroom and I see Caden then hear the door close. I suddenly knew what was going on. I walked over to the toilet and put the seat down then sat on it. I just looked at my fingernails and waited him to make the first move.

        "So," he says. I look at him and fake smile. Then I looked at the ground. "Do you want to talk about it?" he asks. Talk about him ditching me or the kiss? I look at him questionly, I wanted to see if he would say it. "About yesterday," he says. I looked away and waited for something to come into my head, something to say to him.

        "If that is what gets us out of here," I say. A small smile creeps onto his face. "Why? I mean I didn't really react that good to you know what, why did you ditch me?" His smile dissapears and I look at the ground. It was silent for a while, I kind of liked it.

        "I don't know," He says. I didn't get it.

        "How could you leave me like that? I had no car, no way to get home." I say looking up into his eyes, still dark blue.,

        "I know that you had no transportation Ashley," He said. It was weird of him to call me my normal name not Ash. "I didn't want to face it. I thought that it wasn't okay that I kissed you."  The bathroom door flys open as Richie comes in wide eyed.

        "Wait, what? You kissed her?!? I knew you liked her but, you kissed her!" She runs toward me and pulls my wrist. We run into our room, well she runs and I limp, and she closes the door. "What exactly happened yesterday?" She looks angry. I go over to my bed and sit on it.

        "Well, we were walking. He got really serious for some reason so we stoped and we were looking at eachother. Then he kissed me, as you figured out. I turned around and sat on a bench and started crying, don't ask me why cause I don't even know myself. Then I looked up and saw that he was gone." I say looking at Richies face. It is quite funny as she is trying to process this.

        "I will be right back," She says walking out of the room. It is silent for awhile then suddenly Caden walks in and right behind him comes Richie. "Now aplogize," Richie says like a mom dissaplining her child.         

        "I already did. Ash I am sorry." He says sitting on Richies bed.

        "Now Ashley can you think of why you were crying then tell him. I am going to go, uh, walk the dog." She says walking out and closing the door. She doesn't have a dog. Then I thought of what she said. Why did I cry? I mean thinking back to yesterday, I just started crying. Maybe it was a girl thing. It didn't seem like it though. Oh I know why now.

        "I didn't meant to cry. At first I didn't even know why I cried. I think it is because I was overwhelmed." I say looking up at him. He does a small smile then walks over to me and sits down next to me.

        "Sorry for kissing you, I mean I don't know why I did," he says.

        "So you don't like me in that way?" I say like I was hoping that he was going to say no. Secretly I wanted him to say yes. I look at his face, he is red. Not that red, more like pink.

        "I- uh- I don't think so," he says. I sigh in a releif type way.

        "Good because that would be awkward." I said getting up and going toward my book. He stands up and walks over to me.

        "Truse?" He says. I laugh and turn around to see him smile.

        "Of course," I say smiling and sitting down on my bed.

        "Did you go to your job today?" He asked.

        "Yes!! It was awesome, I got to eat a free cupcake!" I scream, probally damaging his hearing. He laughs and sits next to me.

        "Those cupcakes are good!" He says. I nod and lay back then feel the water waving under my back. Caden lays next to me and we just sit there in silence. I don't know what happened but we ended up holding hands. I look over at him and see him looking at me.

        "I am really sorry for not coming over to you and doing the oppisote," he says.

        "It's fine," I say looking back at the ceiling. Just to think if I was still living in my normal home I would be making food, doing the laundry, and more. Now I am sitting here relaxing with the boy I like.