Present and Voting

Carlo's POV:

Ewan ko ba kung magiging kakampi ko siya or not...

We took the International Relations subject...and as our final output, kailangan naming umattend ng three-day Model United Nations sa delegates ng General Assembly.

We have the liberty to choose the country that we like to represent. Dahil mayroon na akong kaalaman sa International Relations from Political Science, I dare myself to choose one of the "Permanent 5" countries...the French Republic, as Ami chose to represent Spain.

"Okay, delegates. We will begin our sessiom for today by doing a rollcall..."

Heto ang siste, since this is our final output, kailangan mong maging participative sa lahat ng activities...and so it is recommended na pag nagrorollcall na, you need to say "present and voting" when your country is called...and that's what I done. Of course, "Permanent 5" ako, I have the powerful voice over the General Assembly.

Anyway, yung isa sa mga agenda namin is about the humanitarian crisis which is connected to the ongoing war in the Middle East. I'll let my teammates on the "Permanent 5" decide on the possible of course of action for this...

"Heto ang ating suggestion: we need to set a neutral zone para makapasok doon ang relief goods pati mga refugees." Ani ng isang delegate na babae that represents the United States. "That way, we can be able to give them the relief they need without any fear of violence."

"Will there be any possible negative implications with this?" Tanong ko sa kanya.

"Well...as long as we're at good terms with the host countries, siguro wala tayo magiging problema dito."

"Alright, then. I have my laptop with me kaya let's draft our resolution." Sabi ng kasama naming lalaki which represents China. "By the way, be ready to defend this resolution in the floor, alright?"

"Sure."

Rosamie's POV:

I am grouped with fellow friends which represents European countries. Tawag nga dito ay EU group, though we are in a United Nations body.

"Guys, ano ang pwede natin solutions para sa issue natin ngayon?" I speak up as the informal leader of the EU group. "Our countries are rich in resources and manpower to be able to come up with an idea to save innocent people."

"Hmm...let's see here...we should use our ships to evacuate refugees to a safe place." Sabi ng isang delegate...hindi masyadong nabasa kung anong country niya nirerepresent.

"Pero there's the question of immigration concerns." Sabi ng isa pang delegate that represents Germany. "There's no assurance na hindi lahat ng mga kukunin natin tao ay masama. Remember those bombings in France and Belgium?"

"Oh, yeah. I forgot."

"Well...I got an idea." Sabi ko sa kanila. "Let's say that we should make concessions with the parties involved in the war to make a humanitarian ceasefire para makapasok ang tulong sa kanila or evacuate them to a safer neighboring countries. At least sa mga kapitbahay nila, magkakaroon ng pagkakaunawaan ng host country at ng mga refugees."

"Hmm...let's go with that. Besides, baka mayroon pang ibang ideya ang mga regional blocs about this crisis." Sabi ng isang delegate that represents Switzerland. "Besides, I am rooting to the draft resolutions of the Permanent 5."

After plotting our possible plans of action for this Model United Nations, we have the opportunity to speak our thoughts in front of our fellow delegates.

"The delegate of the Kingdom of Spain, you are now recognized. You have sixty seconds for you speech."

"Yes, mam."