Book Store Romance

Logan's POV

Here it is. My favorite bookstore. Many people think it's because of my silly crush on (y/n). Well, they aren't completely wrong...I do have a crush on them, but there are other reason.

"Well, well, well. Look who finally decided to show up. How's my favorite customer doing? Need help finding a book?"

"I'm good, but I'm actually not here for a book. I'm applying for a job," I say, pushing up my glasses. Did you hear that? I'm their favorite customer.

"Okay! Well, fill out these sheets, bring them back up here, and then I'll take you to the back to answer questions so we don't disturb the people reading," they told me, handing me a clipboard, with a pen and some papers, in the process.

After the interview because I don't know what goes on in those kinds of things :p

"Well Logan, it seems you got the job," they said in a sad tone. I was nervous and distracted so I didn't really process what they were saying.

"Oh...oh! Okay!" I said, getting excited as I heard them laugh at my silly mistake. Their smile was amazing, the way their eyes crinkled as they did so and the way their smile lit up the room, it was just amazing.

"You can start as soon as tomorrow at 8 am," they said, standing up.

"Okay."

"Well. I'm on break right now, so do you want to go get (coffee/lunch/tea/slurpees) together?"

"Sure! Wait..like a date?"

"Only if you want it to be," they said, smiling once again.

"I'd love that," I said as my eyes lit up.

"Great!" They said, kissing my cheek.

"Uh-yeah-great," I stutter as I'm unable to process my words.