Memories

Normani POV

I honestly wanted Malaysia to get her memory back. Only so she could see me win Spring Queen and not her. I don't feel bad that she got shot. Oh well. She let X drag me around and she let her friends talk to me any way they wanted!

"Do you remember me? Normani?" She stared hard at me. She sized me up a couple times. Almost like she was forcing herself to remember. She smiled.

"Yea! I helped you out when you thought you were pregnant! and when Ryah beat you up!" She blurted out. All eyes were on me. My mama grabbed me forcefully and turned me toward her.

"You thought you were pregnant Normani?" her voice was hard and cold. Almost made me scared to answer. I swallowed the lump in my throat. I nodded slowly.

She swung her hand hard and fast. It stung. Burned. I know she left a print on my face. My brother just watched in shock. Everybody else just watched but didn't say anything.

"Mama not here" X tried to stop her from slapping me and yelling at me in public.

"You right. Did you know?" she asked. She was always easier on X. He put his head down and nodded. She just walked out.

"LETS GO NORMANI!" She yelled. I walked behind her. I was so afraid. I knew she would beat me. Ugh. I hated Malaysia now. I purely hated her.

Ryah POV

Everybody was still in awe from what they seen. I was cracking up in my head.

"Well somebody bout to get that butt whooped...but thats none of my business" I said and sipped my coke. Gia and Dontae chuckled but Xavier gave me a deadly stare.

"Somebody's salty..." Gia said when she seen Xavier's stare. Quincy nudged her and shook his head. She tried holding in her chuckles.

"I'm glad yall think its funny. Bye mane. I'm out" he left and slammed the door. I think Malaysia knew that was her boyfriend cause her mood changed.

"Can all yall just leave. I only want Ryah to stay" she said. I smiled.

"Honey..." her dad started

"Get outttttt!" she whined and he and the others left.

I layed on the hospital bed next to her and played with her hair.

"You remember anything else boo?" I asked her. She nodded.

"I remember that Xavier is my boyfriend. I remembered him when I remembered you." She said.

"Ohh. Thats good" I was braiding her hair

"Why didn't he say bye to me? Your joke wasn't even that mean!" she said. I laughed.

"Xavier be in his feelings." She giggled but I was so serious.

We talked all night. I even told her about Dontae acting scary cause of what my daddy told him. She was gaining her memory back slowly. The more I talked the more she had flashbacks. She was even excited about being Spring Queen again.

Normani POV

"Normani you know I don't play with you. You got some nerves. Walking round here like you grown. Almost gotcha self pregnant! So since you wanna act like you grown Ima beat you like you grown!" she yelled as she slapped me. I cried. My daddy was in Cleveland playing a game. Xavier was gone. No one was here to save me.

I finally had enough. I swung back and slapped her with all my force. If I was going down , I was going down with a fight. She looked back up at me with black eyes. She threw a punch and got me in the head. I fell to the floor.
I tried fighting back but she was hitting with too much force. It was like I was paralyzed. I finally wiggled up out of her grip. I took the vase off the table and smashed her in the head with it. She fell on the floor.

"Oh my god..." I whispered to myself. I ran to her and she pulled me down and started beating me like she was trynna kill me.

"I will kill you. I brought you in this world and I will take you out!" she yelled punching me in the temple.

"STOP! GET OFF HER MA!" I seen Xavier drag my mama off me. She simply walked up the stairs

He came back and picked me up and took me to my room. I layed on the bed while he went and got my ice packs. I put them on the spots that hurt. He gave me a aspirin for my head pain. I felt horrible.

I just went to sleep. When I woke up Xavier was gone.

Malaysia POV

Ryah went home to shower. Xavier was here with me. It was all awkward. I didn't know who shot me or why I got shot. Was I a target or was it an accident? I had so many questions.

"Do you know what happened to me?" I asked him.

He nodded yes.

"You got shot at a party. Gia caught you when you fell. I called the police. " He explained. I nodded. I had a flashback of the people running. I shook it off.

"When you remembered me?" He asked

"Last night. Before you left" I said. He nodded. He smiled.

"You remember how we met?" he asked. I shook my head no. His smile dropped.

"Its ok..." he said and grabbed my hand and smiled again.

I smiled.

"When I get out of here we should go skating" I said.

"You told me you couldn't skate" he said

"I can't" We laughed.

"I'm hungry he said laying on my shoulder.

"Go get me some subway. Its on the second floor. And A sprite too" I told him. I still don't play bout my food. Memory loss aint got none to do with it.

"Same hungry Lay" He smiled and got up. I let his hand go.

He came back with my food and I ate it. He finished wayy before me. Niggas eat fast! I slurped up my cold drink to wash it down. That was good. I felt drowsy all of a sudden.

"Um...if I fall alseep its not my fault" I told him. He nodded never taking his eyes off the tv.

I fell asleep. I seen black but I heard everything. Where was I?