Moving on

Jace's POV

Walking up to the door, flowers in hand, I reached my hand out to knock. Before I could though, it opened. There stood Clary in a skin-tight, short red dress and black heels. She looked stunning and my heart skipped a beat. Where was she going looking like that?

"Wow... you look stunning." I blurted out.

"What do you want?" Clary snapped, eyes turning cold and her face to thunder. Before I could answer, there was a voice from the back.

"Are you ready to go, sweety?" For a second I thought she had moved onto someone else already but then Izzy appeared. She didn't look too happy to see me either. "What is he doing here?"

"He was just leaving," Clary growled. 

"Girls' night out? I get it, you've moved on so quickly. Well, I hope you know you will never find anyone like me. " I replied.

"That's the point, you ambiguous witless, egotistical, joke of a man. And trust me, she's moved on more than you think." Izzy grabbed Clary's hand and dragged her down the corridor to the exit as I watched them leave. I had missed my window. 

Simon's POV

"Soooo, how'd it go?" Jace had come back to the dorm looking deflated with the flowers still in his hands. Raphael had gone out with friends to study for his Spanish exam so it was just Jace and me. I didn't know how I felt about that since this whole situation started because of this. 

"She didn't want to talk... and Izzy called me ambiguous, witless, egotistical and a joke of a man."

"Well, she's not lying," I muttered. 

"Shut up Lewis! This is all your fault!" Jace stood from his seat, his face red with rage. He moved closer to where I was sat, causing me to yelp and launch myself over the back of the chair. He pushed it out of the way, walking menacingly slowly. 

  Backing away, I hit the wall, I covered my head ready to get a punch in my stomach but nothing came. I peeked through my hands and Jace stood there, just watching me. I regained my posture then brushed myself down. Hanging his head, Jace muttered something unintelligible. 

"Pardon?" 

"I said that I'm a mess." Jace lifted his head, eyes glazed. 

"You only just realised that??" I shook my head and sighed, "You need to look in the mirror and re-evaluate your life choices."

"I wish it could go back to how it was."

"Well, clearly Clary has moved on so you're too late bud." 

".... no, before her." Jace looked me straight in the eye, a twinkle of something there.

"No.. no no no. I'm in a healthy relationship with Raphael. Our friends-with-benefits was not healthy for either of us and I told you it would come back around to bite you in the ass. I was evidently right." With that I went to my room, locking the door behind.