Immature

Jace's POV

"Clary, come on! Can't we talk about this??" I knocked on her door for the fifth time. She wouldn't answer my calls or texts and it had been three days. 

Suddenly, I heard the door click and out stepped Izzy. "I'm going to give you this straight, Jonathan Christopher Herondale, she would rather have Sebastian back here to see her right now. How could you keep something so big from your girlfriend?"

I felt my eyes starting to sting as tears threatened to well over. "Tell her that I am sorry...  I still love her, make sure she knows that." I turned on my heels and briskly walked down the corridor and out of the door at the end, Izzy's glare burning the back of my head.

  When I got back to my dorm Simon and Raphael were in the lounge screaming. At first, I was kind of scared of what I was going to find, but it turned out they were playing Mario Kart and Raphael was winning, causing Simon's inhuman screams. I sat on the armchair and watched their interaction. Why wasn't Raphael mad about the whole thing? Simon had lied to him too. When their game was over, I had to ask. 

"I knew Simon was Pan so I wasn't exactly shocked that he had slept with another man, even if it was you. We simply had a conversation about it and forgot it. It's in his past so it is in mine as well. However, you lied to Clary, pretending you were straight, sleeping with her best friend and ex without telling her. That is why she has reacted a lot harsher to the news. Maybe you should have been more open with her and then she wouldn't be acting like this." Raphael's dark eyes locked with mine the whole time he spoke to me. His matter-of-fact tone both offended me and made perfect sense. I hated it when he made sense because when he made sense it meant I was wrong. 

  Rather than react like a civil adult I stormed out of the dorm. I needed Alec, Alec would understand. 

Magnus' POV

You know when you're trying to have a nice relaxing bath before you go to bed with the love of your life and then their dumb-ass friend walks in and ruins it? Well, I walked out of the bathroom in my black and silver satin dressing-robe when there was a knock on the door. 

"Urgh, Alec why don't you just leave it and come to bed?" I lay on the bed seductively and patted the spot next to me. I saw a familiar look flash through his eyes and he took a step towards me. I grinned and played with the ropes of my gown. However, the look vanished and he sighed.

"I have to get it, it's probably Jace and he needs me right now."

"I need you moooore!" I groaned and grabbed at his shirt. He chuckled and kissed me. I pouted as the banging on the door got louder. "I'll get it, just in case it isn't Jace." I smiled and pulled on some grey track pants. I opened the door and there stood Blondie, clad in all black. I rolled my eyes in disappointment. "You were right, it's for you Pumpkin." I sashayed back to the bedroom and beckoned for Jace to follow.  Alec appeared with pants on, unfortunately, and told me to stay with him for this talk with my least favourite human. 

"So? What are you?" Alec pressed, looking like he was already bored of this conversation.

"I'm straight I swear! I was just... experimenting?"

"You could be bi." I pointed out.

"No, that's why I stopped it with Simon after a few months because I realised I was compl-"

"Months? You led him on for months? Are you kidding me, Jace? Poor Simon must have been so confused, no wonder he's a freak. It can't have taken you months to figure out you were straight so either you lied to Simon for months or you're lying to my face right now." Alec was losing his temper so I placed a hand on his. Jace paced up and down the room.

"Jace, either way, you need to apologise to Clary. You've been living a lie and now she's been dragged into it. Simon has already apologised for not telling her sooner or while they were dating so now it's your turn to grow a pair and apologise."

"I've tried to Magnus! She won't reply! What does this even have to do with you? Stop getting involved, just because you're dating my best friend doesn't mean you get a say in my life, ok Bane?" I placed a hand on my chest and leant back to over exaggerate how offended I was.

"You came here for help, that's what you're getting. If you don't like it then leave me and my boyfriend alone. I will not stand for you to be so rude to him like that. You may have screwed up your own relationship but I'll be damned if I allow you in here to ruin mine too. I think it's best if you leave... Jonathan." Jace looked up, tears running down his face. He knew he had really messed up with Alec when he called him his full name.  

Jace turned to the door and exited, slamming it behind him. I face planted the pillow and Alec lay his head on my butt. "I didn't handle that very well did I?" He sighed. "I wasn't going to stand there and let him insult you like that, though. He came here for advice and help with his problem, and that's what he got. Whether that's what he wanted to hear or not is a different matter. He's such a child." Alec moved so that he was lying next to me and planted a kiss on my forehead. 

"Well, I'm impressed with how you defended my honour." I grinned and he kissed my lips. I wished it was always like this. Just me and him, in this moment, without all his stupid friends who couldn't solve their own damn problems without consulting us. As if he could sense what I was thinking, he wrapped his arms around me and he whispered in my ear.

"I'm never letting go of you, Magnus Bane, I love you."

"I love you too, my Alexander Lightwood."