Unexpected Vist

It's been about two weeks since the move, and I gotta say that it's been a good couple of weeks.

Mom and I got settled down into our new apartment pretty quickly due to it surprisingly already having a nice homey feeling to it. I found that pretty nice, and I always believe it's a good feeling to feel somewhere because it lets you know that you can be safe there, no matter what happens. And that's a pretty big concern of mine.

Anyway, along with getting comfortable at home I also got accustomed to my new school and schedule. It took a couple days longer than the apartment though, thanks to me dealing with the stress of getting into the flow of things with all of my classes. But Peter, Michelle and Ned helped me get into the ease of things and relieved me from some of the stress I had to experience by hanging out with me after school a couple of times and even taking me to some of their favorite places around the city as we hung out. I even got to meet a few of their other friends from the decathlon team they're on as well.

And speaking of the decathlon team, I got to join it.

Turns out Michelle is the captain of the team. When I found that out I asked her if there was any possible chance of me joining. She said she would have to ask the teacher who runs it, Mr. Harrington if I could since he's technically in charge of who joins it. But a few days after Michelle asked and I got to meet and speak with Mr. Harrington a couple times, the both of them gave me the good news that I can be a member of the team.

I was beyond thrilled at that and that I'm getting the chance to do something I've been wanting to do for a while. And the fact that Peter and Ned are also on the team makes it even better. 

In these past two weeks, Peter and I have gotten to hang out a lot and he's easily become my best friend. Sure I have had lots of good friends and still have some back in Colorado, but I've never actually had a best friend before. The friends I've made were nice and hung out with me a few times, but they never stayed around and it made me feel like they never wanted to be friends in the first place.

With Peter though, I have a good feeling it's going to be different with him. He's just really sweet, funny, smart and an awesome person to be around. And I think it's safe to say that I kind of already have a crush on him.

"Brooklyn!?" I hear mom shout from out in living room.

"Yeah?" I ask/shout as I sit at my desk in my room and color in my sketch of Spiderman swinging through the city.

Yeah, ever since Spiderman saved me from that robber a couple weeks ago he hasn't left my mind once.

"Can you come here for a second? I need to show you something" Mom says.

"Sure, I'll be right there" I say as I finish coloring the blue parts of Spiderman suit.

I close my sketchbook and put it to the side as I sit up from my chair. I give Daisy a quick pet on her head as she's curled into a ball on my bed before I walk out of my room and head into the living room.

"Whatcha need me to see mom?" I ask once I get into the living room and walk over to couch as Mom sits on it and watches TV.

May have forgotten to mention that it's Saturday and my mom has the day off today as well. So the both of us have been having a bit of a lazy day today.

Mom looks up at me with a smile as she points over to the corner behind me. "Look at who came to visit you."

I look at mom in confusion at that before I turn around to look at what she's talking about. As soon as I do though, my eyes widen and a huge smile spreads across my face after I see Natasha standing just a few inches away from me as she has her arms crossed over her chest and is smiling at me with a soft smile.