Moms Help

I feel my heart beat fast and hands shake as I think about what's happening in less than 30 minutes from now.

My date with Peter.

Yep today is finally the day and I'm happy about it, but I'm also so freaking nervous!!

This is the very first date I'm ever going on and I'm just scared that I'm going to be awkward on it and won't know what to say. Even though it's with Peter and we can talk about literally anything for hours on end.

"I hate to be Captain obvious right now, but you look a little nervous right my dear" Mom says as she's suddenly standing in the doorway to the bathroom.

"Is it that obvious?" I asks as I look over at Mom while I curl my hair, or at least too. Due to my hands shaking as I do so, my hair is kind of looking like a mess. Which is just great because this is exactly what I want to happen right before I go out with Peter.

If you can't tell I'm being sarcastic.

Mom lets out a soft chuckle as she nods her head and walks over to me.

"Here, let me do your hair while you calm your nerves" Mom says as she kindly takes the curling iron from me and starts doing my hair.

I don't protest with that because it's probably better if Mom does my hair instead of me, giving how I'm feeling right now. Instead I just smile at mom through the mirror and look down at my feet as I try to calm my nerves down.

"It's okay to be nervous about going on your first date with someone you really like. I was the same way when I went on my first with my first real boyfriend" Mom says

A chuckle escapes my mouth as I think about Mom has a teenager and her being just as nervous as I am.

"How'd the date go?" I ask as I look up at Mom through the mirror and smile at her.

Mom smiles back at me as she finishes curling my hair. "It went very well and I bet yours will too. Just be yourself because that's what some boys like in girls and I'm positive Peter is one of those boys."

I smile at that as Mom gives my check a little peck.

"Is there anything else you would like me to do with your hair?" Mom asks as she gently runs her fingers through my hair to loosen the curls a little.

"No I like it like this" I say with a smile as I look at the semi loose curls in my hair and fix them a little.

"Okay, and I like this outfit. It's very modest" Mom says as she rests her hands on my shoulders and looks at the outfit that I'm wearing for tonight.

My outfit is sort of simple. Nothing too fancy or too casual. It's a pink shirt with thin straps but off the shoulder sleeves, white skinny jeans, black leather jacket and white low top converses. So it indeed is modest and mom probably likes that lot because she's one of those moms who don't want their daughters wearing very revealing clothing when they go out with a boy. And I'm completely okay with that because I'm not and will never be that type of girl.

"Thanks mom" I say as I smile at mom through the mirror again.

"No problem honey" Mom says as she returns the smile and gives my shoulders a little squeeze.

Mom soon leaves to let me finish up getting ready for my date. I don't do much though. I just apply a light amount of foundation, contour my face a bit, put on some blush and mascara, put on a light shade of pink lipstick and eyeshadow. That does sound like a lot, but I'm pretty good with makeup and it only takes me about fifthteen minutes to get it all done.

Once I'm finished with doing my makeup, I check my whole appearance before grabbing my black purse and phone and walking out into the living. I flop down on to the couch and wait for Peter to come and get me and of course I wait nervously.

Knock! Knock!

My heart beat picks up and body freezes for a second once I hear the knocking before I get up from the couch and make my way over to the door. I take hold of the handle and suck in a deep breath before I open the door.

A smile forms on my as soon as I see Peter. He stood there nervously for a moment before his eyes widen and a blush creeps across his cheeks after he looks up at me.

"H-Hi" Peter says with a nervous stutter but soft smile.

"Hey" I say softly as I give him a sort of big smile and look at how cute he looks. His hair is brushed over to its usual side, but it's a bit fluffer and looks really nice. He's dressed in a light grey pull over sweater with a red flannel underneath it, has dark blue jeans on and all black converses.

"You look amazing...I mean you always look amazing every time I see you, but you look even more amazing right now" Peter says as he rubs his hand on the back of his neck and looks very nervous right now.

"Thank you. You look very cute too, like you always do" I say as I blush at what Peter said.

Peter smiles at me as his face turns a little brighter.

"Thank you and uh, these are for you" Peter says as he hands me a light blue rose and a white rose that he was hiding behind his back.

I smile at that as I gladly take the roses from him. "Thank you."

"You're welcome" Peter says as he gives me a kind smile before pointing towards the direction of the elevator. "Ready to go?"

"Yeah, just let me put these somewhere" I say with a smile.

Thankfully there's a vase on the table right in front of the couch that I can put them into. Once I do, I say bye to Mom before leaving with Peter.