Unsettling

"What is the melting point for the element Zinc?" Peter asks from the practice cards as he stands at the podium

The answer quickly comes to me and my hand shoots toward the bell and hits it.

"Seven hundred eighty five point two degrees fahrenheit" I say, hoping it's right but i'm pretty sure it's right.

"That is correct" Peter says says with a big grin and little wink.

I return the grin to him as I do a small and unnoticeable victory punch under the table while Ned shakes my shoulder in happiness. The two of us got paired up with each other for Decathlon practice and have been on fire the whole time. Flash and Cindy are the other team that we're going against and the both of us kicking their butts. Which I'm really happy about since I don't like Flash that much and he's also been getting on my nerves this whole entire practice too.

"You sure that's the correct answer Penis Parker? Or are you lying and saying that it is since that's your Girlfriend who just answered it?" Flash asks as he leans over and gives Peter a death glare.

Ned, Peter, and I and even Cindy look at Flash in annoyance because we all know that my answer was one hundred percent correct and Flash is just being a jerk. See what I'm talking about?

"It was the correct answer genius and even if it wasn't I wouldn't have lied and said it was" Peter says a slight scowl.

"Whatever you say Pennis Parker" Flash says as he leans back in his chair with his arms crossed and glares at Peter.

Peter and I look at each other with the same, "what-was-that-all- about?," look before we both sort of brush it off (for now anyways) and continue on with practice.

//////////////////////////////////////////

"Was anyone else seconds away from getting up and socking Flash right in the face during practice today?" I ask as I hold my thumb and forefinger very close to each other to show how close I was to snapping.

Practice is over and Peter, Ned and I are all walking home together.

"I think the whole team was. He was such a dick today" Ned said as he softly kicks a pebble on the sidewalk.

"And more than usual too" Peter says as he takes hold of my hand.

"Why though?" I ask as I really wonder why Flash is acting the way he is. Sure I don't like him and should care less about how he acts. But he's acting really disrespectful toward my boyfriend and I'm not for it.

"I think he might just jealous of you and Peter dating" Ned states.

"What makes you say that?" Peter asks as both him and I look at Ned with raised eyebrows.

"During practice today I noticed him looking back and forth between you and Brooklyn with a very jealous fueled look. But that's not the first time I've seen that from him. He's done it a couple times since you two began dating" Ned explains.

"Well he was trying to get with Brooklyn when she first came to the school, so it makes senses. But Flash is Flash, he'll find another girl to go after in a week or two" Peter says, giving my hand a reassuring squeeze. I look up at Peter with a smile and give his cheek a soft peck.

"I hope he does because I'm getting real tired of him bothering you two" Ned says.

"Don't worry he will. If he doesn't though, I'll make him" I say with a slightly mischievous smirk, causing both Ned and Peter to chuckle.

"I look forward to that if it happens" Ned says with a big smile. I smile at Ned and give a little nod.

"So are you ready for that video game competition we're having this weekend, Pete?" Ned asks as he gets in front of Peter and playfully punches his shoulder.