Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Shaw

       When Holden told me we should go to my dad for help, I was a bit reluctant to agree to it. My dad seemed to have a bit of a darker way with handling things. I definitely got my anger and my knack for revenge from him.

       I was leaning towards not going to Dad for help, but something inside of me snapped when I saw the scar Holden had where he was stabbed. All the memories of me seeing him lying in the alleyway in so much pain and so much blood rushing out of him all came back to me.

       I didn't want whoever was doing this to get away with it, and I especially didn't want all the pressure to go onto Clyde for figuring it out. He was so close to completely losing it after his brother was attacked. 

       I couldn't risk it.

       The only reason why I didn't want to go to Dad for help, apart from his type of revenge, was because of the way he seemed to take Viola's side over mine when Viola was being a complete bitch. I was so close to actually punching a whole in the wall because she wouldn't shut up.

       But I had to push all that aside. Right now, I had to focus solely on Holden.

       When I asked Dad if he could help me and Holden with something, he told us to meet him at the nightclub. Such a stupid decision. One, Holden and I had a four month old baby that couldn't just be brought to the nightclub. And two, I was trying to stay away from alcohol. Being surrounded by it wasn't going to help.

       At least Holden would be there with me.

       Thankfully, Tara and Lawrence were home and they were both fine with watching Gibson while Holden and I met up with my dad.

        Holden and I got to the nightclub long before my dad did. We arrived five minutes before the time we planned to meet up, and half an hour later he still hadn't arrived.

       No surprise there.

       Holden and I were sitting at the counter, eating an order of nachos we got when someone I didn't recognize at all sat on the other side of Holden. "Well, would you look at the cute couple?" he said. "So sweet."

       I raised an eyebrow. "I'm sorry, who are you?"

       "The name's Joel," he said. "Holden knows me."

       Holden sighed. "Yeah, he's Calvin's ex."

       "Oh, Calvin's ex," Joel said. "I feel so honoured that you only think of me as Calvin's ex, even after that glorious night we spend together."

       I thought this Joel guy was lying at first but when Holden looked away from Joel...

       "Wait... What?" I asked, really hoping he actually was lying.

       "He didn't tell you?" Joel asked. "Well, I guess your relationship isn't as tight-knit as I thought it was. Could have fooled me."

       "Don't you have anything better to do?" Holden asked.

       "Not really, no," Joel said. "Hey, I told you I was going to tell your wonderful husband about what happened between us if you didn't help me out. You're the one who said he was going to care about it."

       "Uh, I do care," I said, trying to not let the anger inside of me rise. "When the hell did this happen?"

       "Ooh, he sounds like an angry one," Joel said. "Quite the catch."