Chapter 5: January 4

Today was Saturday, and I have no idea what August and I are gonna do, but he's on his way to pick me up as we speak.

"Hey sis" Carmen greeted when she saw me walking into the living room, where I proceeded to sit on the couch with her and watch TV while I waited.

"Hey. Is auntie workin' today?" I asked, having not seen her around the house all day. She wasn't at home a lot because she had this job at a bar (which by the way doesn't help with her drinking addiction at all).

"Yup. Overtime."

"What are you gonna do?" I asked.

"Trevor's coming in a while" Carmen replied with a tint of excitement highlighting her tone.

"You too are really off to a good start, huh?" I asked with a smile. She smiled as well and nodded while rosey blush began to tint her cheeks.

"I can tell this is gon' be a good relationship" She said hopefully, looking at the ground as she kept her smiled glued to her face. She was always smiling and always happy, which was contagious no matter how sad you were. "It ain't even been a week, but I really like him. You should see the way he looks at me, Dani."" 

"Awww" I responded, pulling her into a hug, which she accepted and hugged right back.

"I'm happy for you" I told her with my head hovering over her shoulder as we held each other tightly. "And if Trevor ever breaks your heart, I'm gonna do something about it, don't worry."

Carmen's body lurked as she let out a small, short laugh. We released from the sweet hug when she said, 'You've always been there for me. I really appreciate it."

"Dammit Carmen, you always gotta make everything deep" I joked, causing her to giggle.

"I can't help it. But nah really, you reall have always been there for me."

"I always will be, just like you're always there for me" I told her. I was thankful to have such a sweet bond with a sister who always loved me for who I was, even if I did something awful or unethical. She's always been by my side through thick and thin and I have no idea what I'd do without her.

We were enjoying the sweet sister-to-sister moment we had before the message tone in my pocket went off. I took my phone out and read the text from August that said he was here.

"Welp, gotta go" I said as I rose up from the couch and grabbed my purse from the coffee table, swinging it over my shoulder and sliding my phone in.

"Love ya! Have fun" Carmen said.

"Love you too, you have fun too" I said back before exitting out the front door and making my way towards August's car, where I slid into the passenger seat.

"Hey, you look nice" August complimented.

"Thanks" I said. "Better than the morning after the party" He chuckled and began to drive off after I buckled my seatbelt.

"So where are we going?" I asked. I didn't really care where we went to be honest.

"Somewhere to eat because I'm starving to high hell right now" He said. "It ain't nothin' big, I'm sorry."

"It's cool, and I'm really craving Charlottes" I suggested. Charlotte's was this little restaurant in town that I went to all the time and I loved their fuckin' chicken.

August shrugged. "Whatever the lady wants." He then leaned over and turned the radio on, where a radio host began to talk through the speakers.

"Y'all wassup to all you out there this is Tony B.D bringing to you a commercial free hour, how bout that? Now comin' up next is the young, the talented, the ladies man Trey Songz! This is "Na Na" playing to you noooow."