Chapter 15: Good Times

Flashback Chapter

The sun was bright and mellow against the crisp blue sky and gave off a heat that made me excited to get into the water. Screams surrounded is within not too far distances - but they were the thrilled kind of screams. Aunt Henna, me, and Carmen were at an amusement park, finishing our minicups of dippin' dots as we walked along the pavement pathway towards the waterpark area.

"You girls havin fun?" Aunt Henna asked.

"Yea" Carmen and I had said enthusiastically in unison. We were fourteen at the time and had rode a bunch of the rides here, fortunately not having a fear of heights.

When we arrived at the waterpark, the first thing on our mindset was this one big water ride - the kind where four people can sit on one tube and all go down together. Passing up the large wavepool full of families, friends, and couples swimming and laughing and having fun with each other, we scurried towards the line of the heighest four-people slide in the park and grabbed a tube as we got there. It was a diagonal slide that you had to crank your head up all the way to see the top of.

When we reached the front of the line and positioned ourselves in the tube, the lifegaurd gave us a slight push and down we went, immediately screaming as our insides went up and our bodies went down. Aunt Henna's face was priceless - she was on the side of the tube that caused her to go backwards, so she was yelling and blurted, "I can't tell where the bottom of the slide is!"

Carmen and I screamed and cracked up at the same time, and so did she. When we hit the bottom of the slide and splashed into the pool, she even fell backwords into the water! Carmen and I were laughing to where no sound could come out by now and when Aunt Henna came back above the surface, she playfully rolled her eyes at our reaction.

"You girls saw nuttin'" She said with a smile.

"That was priceless" Carmen said, still chuckling with me.

"You should've seen your face" I added in.

"You should've seen your face" Aunt Henna mocked before splashing us, immediately causing us to splash back. "C'mon, we gotta get out" she said in between laughs after a few moments. We all heaved the tube to the shore and put it where we were supposed to.

"You girls are too much" Aunt Henna teased.

I remember that day like it was yesterday... it was one of the best days of my life.