Chapter 21: Girl's Day Out

2 Days Later

A loud ringing in my ear caused me to awaken abruptly in alarm. When I gained some conciousness and realized the ring was my phone, I let out a tired moan and glanced at the alarm clock glowing dimly in the daylight; 11:37 A.M. I don't even remember falling asleep last night.

I answered the phone before it ran out of rings, placing it to my ear and letting out a raspy "hello?"

"Aaaaye sus!" Ebony half-yelled over the phone, piercing my eardrums and causing me to pull the phone a little bit away from my ear.

"Uhh, hey" I said back. I couldn't help but feel a little anooyed... I wasn't a morning person when it came to being woken up by someone.

"I got our girl Kyra on her way over in a few and the three of us gon' hang out today and turn up tonight like we used to."

Even though I didn't like being awakened, I smiled at the offer. The four of us (fourth person being Carmen) always used to spend time together on certain days. We haven't done it in so long and now that I think of it, I miss it.

"You know I'm always in the mood for that, babe" I accepted, smiling despite the fact that she wasn't here to see it.

"That's my girl!" Ebony replied over-excitedly. We laughed together and that's when I thought about why I love Ebony in the first place... yea she's loud and annoying, but I love it. I love her constant upbeat and energetic attitude.

"Gimme some time to get ready" I told her.

"Ight, but don't get your hair or makeup done, we gon' go to the salon later for that shit. Call us when you ready and we'll pick that thick booty of yours up."

I playfully rolled my eyes. "See ya"

"Bye Dani."

Upon hanging up did I realize that I'd need money for today. I lazily slid out of my bed and retrevied my purse that hung on the knob of my closet door and grabbed my wallet out, opening it to a pleasing wad of cash - more than enough to cover anything we do today.  I know I should be using the money for important matters like the medical bill and shit, but I don't care about any troubles that I need to save up for to solve right now. I want a fun and carefree day, and this time I'm gonna get it.

-----------------------------

I hopped into the car sporting cute apparel for the day, just like Ebony and Kyra.

"Nice outfit, you look cute" Kyra complimented after turning around in the passenger seat to look back at me. Her eyebrows were raised and her eyes gleamed in awe. She didn't look too bad without her hair or makeup done... I mean she never looked bad, because this girl was naturally beautiful. I'm talkin' about straight up model material. She was this thin, medium-height girl with a cute face and short hair that nicely framed her face stopped just below her ears, where hoop earrings hung from her lobes on a daily basis.

"Thanks, so do you guys" I said replied.

"First we gonna go to the salon" Ebony stated as she took off driving through the neighborhood. "And then the mall."

"I gotta look nice and buy me a nice outfit... I'm goin' on a date y'all" Kyra gushed.

I gasped and so did Ebony, who almost lost control of the car for a second when she turned to look at Kyra in shock.

"Girl keep your eyes on the road!" Kyra half-laughed, half-panicked when Ebony quickly collected herself so we wouldn't crash into anything.

"Who are you going on a date with?" I asked eagerly. I felt so happy and excited her... as pretty as she is, it's actually rare for Kyra to go on dates or have boyfriends. She was always strict on finding the right guy, beacuse as she's once said before, "It's hard finding a good guy these days."