CHAPTER 13: We'll Get Through This?!?

{LEAH}

        "Because...." Eli tells me with a look of concern on his face.

        "Because why?" I asked.

        I look at Eli as he looks at Rick real fast and then back at me.

        "Leah. Baby. Do you remember anything from a few hours ago?" He asks me.

       "No." I replied. "Should I?" I asked.

       "I don't want you to freak out or get upset but, how long have you felt ill?" He asks me.

        "A few days after Peter's birthday party. I've just felt like I've been a little more dizzy than usual, a little achy and my head has hurt every now and then but the doctor said I was fine." I tell him.

        "What doctor?" He asks me surprised.

        "Dr. Kopecki. He was the only doctor that could take me. Our doctor wasn't available. So I just went to another one. But he said I was fine." I replied. "What the hell is going on?!" I demanded.

         "We think....I think...that somehow, you have the werewolf gene." He tells me.

         I look at both Rick and then back at Eli again and start to laugh a little.

        "You're joking right? That's not funny you guys. I mean, I haven't shaved my legs in a week but, my gosh." I chuckle.

        Neither one of them break from their seriousness.

        "We are very serious about this Leah." Eli says to me.

        "But how could I? I mean, what makes you even think I have it?" I asked.

       "I saw you start to turn into one in our bedroom a few hours ago before I knocked you out." Eli tells me.

        "What? But I didn't. I just fell asleep and took a long nap is all." I reply.

        "No. I had knocked you out because you had already half turned and then when you came after me, that's when I knocked you out and called Rick." He tells me.

        I look at Rick, then back at Eli and then all around the room while in disbelief of what I'm hearing.

        "I don't understand. Both of my parents were.....Oh my god." I say while suddenly remembering about the experiment Malcolm did on my parents and I when he killed them.

       "Oh my god. Malcolm must have injected me with that serum when I was a baby." I began.

       "But Leah, you would've already turned by now. Something had to have been injected in you. I nedd you to think really hard baby, where all you've been and who you've been around since Peter's birthday." Eli tells me.

        I start thinking and can't really think of anywhere or anyone that could have done anything or could have even injected me with anything. Then that's when I begin thinking about the doctor's visit and remembering what all the doctor did.

         "The doctor." I said under my breath.

         "What about the doctor?" Rick asked.

         "He took some of my blood to run a few tests but he also injected me with what he said was an antibiotic for whatever flu or cold I was trying to fight off, since that's what he thought it was." I say.

          "Do you remember what the color of liquid was when he injected you?" Eli asks me.

         I think real hard again and then remember it was a deep and dark red.

        "It was clear with a few red small balls in it. It almost reminded me of those orbit drinks that used to be around years ago." I tell him.

        I notice Eli looking over at Rick and them both looking back over at me.

        "What?" I asked worried.

        "Listen to me. We need to send the kids and our friends with their kid to leave for a little while. Just until we can figure out what to do." Eli tells me.

        "You mean chain me up so that I don't harm anyone, don't you?" I asked him.

        Before he could respond, I turned and walked out the room and upstairs into the bedroom where I shut the door and lay down on the bed while looking out our window.

        I try not to cry but I can't help it. I was just told I'm practically becoming a monster. An enemy.

         It kills me to know that I had tried attacking him. What if I did that again? What if I did that to the kids? To someone else in general? How could I have been so stupid in not waiting for our doctor?

         The door opens and I hear it closing quietly as I then feel the bed dip a little bit behind me before Eli wrapped his arm over my waist and takes hold of my hand as we cuddle.

          "Baby, I was scared to tell you cause of the way you'd react." He begins to tell me.

          "Well, how would you react if you found out you were turning into a monster?" I asked him.

           "But you're not one and you're not going to become one, we'll figure this out." He assures me.

           "I really hope so. Cause I'm honestly freaked out here a little bit." I tell him.

          "Don't be. I will always be here for you and we will figure this out. I promise." He tells me again.

          "Okay." I reply as I turn my head to look at him and we kiss each other.

         I hope we can figure this all out. Otherwise, it will leave me no other choice but to end my life. Because I would rather die than to become a monster. Especially one that Malcolm would have created.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)