CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR : WORK

They left Connor's parents' home in a hurry, making up some stupid excuse for leaving early. The long drive home was silent; the only sound was that of the wind outside, the engine, and CJ breathing in the back seat while sleeping.

The car came to a halt, and Connor walked out before Aubrey could, without saying a word to her. He unlocked the back seat door and carried their son out of the car and into the house, leaving Aubrey seated in the car.

Aubrey sat in the car seat, frozen on the spot, as she looked at the huge mansion that they lived in, but that did not make her happy.

The age-old saying is true: money really does not buy happiness after all. Aubrey stepped out of the car and followed Connor into the house, only to see him coming down from the steps. Connor paused to look at her for a second or two, then walked down and past her.

"Connor, wait," Aubrey called out to him. He paused, his back still facing her, as his shoulders rose. Connor turned to look at her, and the loving look in his eyes disappeared.

"Aubrey, if a fight is what you are looking for tonight, then I suggest you don't bother with it because our son is asleep and I don't want him running away again."

                                                                                                  _________

(Thank you all for your support, I highly appreciate it. To read the full and final chapter of this book. Please head over to my IG account.  

https://www.instagram.com/_author_eugenia_/

COMPETITION TIME!!

Don't Forget to hit the bell for notifications, because I have a new Romance book coming up and the winner gets to name my book and three days before the launch. The winner and a few selected fans will have the opportunity of reading three chapters before everyone else.

May the best fan win!!