CHAPTER THIRTY- TWO: PLAN

Aubrey woke up on her bed as light made its way through her curtains. Besides her lay a hunk of a man, and immediately she knew that it was Connor. Aubrey shut her eyes, not believing that they had done it again. Her heart clenched because somehow, she knew that she still loved him, and all this made things complicated for the two of them.

Even though she wanted to kick him out of her bed, room, and life, Aubrey watched him. She watched how his ribs contracted and expanded during his deep inhalation and exhalation of air. She stared at the outline of his abs, which left me wondering, why create such a handsome hunk to distract women?

Connor's eyes opened when he met Aubrey's stare; she turned away, embarrassed because he caught her staring at him.

"Good morning, gorgeous." Connor greeted her, and Aubrey could not hold her excitement because he looked at her with so much love. After making love countless times during the night, he still looked like he wanted more and more of her, and this made Aubrey feel some kind of way.

"Hello, I am pretty sure that I just wished you a good morning." Connor repeated his question, and this time Aubrey looked at him.

"I am sorry, I'm just — never mind. I'll just go get us breakfast then." Aubrey informed him, but before she could leave, Connor grabbed her by her arm and pulled her back into the bed.

"Where do you think you're going?" Connor asked her, pretending as though he had heard nothing that Aubrey had just said.

"Well, Connor, I understand that you are becoming an old man, but I thought I just told you that I was going to make us some breakfast." Aubrey repeated those words to him.

"What if I don't want you to make breakfast, and what if I want you to stay in bed with me and continue where we left off?" Connor asked her, and this made Aubrey's face red with embarrassment as she saw a sexy smile cross Connor's face. She knew exactly what Connor was thinking, but she was not going to let him in that easily.

"So, Connor, what do I get in return for this service I'm offering?" Aubrey asked him in a sexy yet hungry tone.

"Well, prize number one is that you could get more lovemaking from me, and prize number two is that I could stay away from work today and call in sick while spending the whole day in bed with you," Connor told Aubrey as he played with her hair.

"Is there an option 3?" Aubrey teased him, trying to get a reaction out of Connor.

"Baby, whatever option I give will include me spending the whole day in your bed and doing things that will probably make you scream your lungs out."

Aubrey stared into his eyes, and just then, she knew quite well that he was serious. She quickly got out of bed, still holding the sheet against her chest, covering her bare breast.

"Where are you going, Aubrey?" Connor asked Aubrey, concerned that the smile had disappeared from her face.

"Well, I'm going to change my clothes, and you, my friend, have to leave." The smile on Connor's face disappeared, and what was once a smile turned into a confused look.

"Why the sad face?" Aubrey asked him, and without waiting, Connor got off the bed and quickly put on his pants.

"I can't believe you, Aubrey; how can you ask me why the sad face?" He asked her, and Aubrey did not seem bothered by anything that Connor had said, so she simply brushed it off.

"I don't get you," Aubrey responded to Connor, and this simply made him mad. Connor slammed his hand onto Aubrey's bed.

"You never get me. So, are you just dismissing what we had? What we had was not just sex, it was love— we made love," Connor confessed to Aubrey, and her eyes grew bigger.

"Connor, I need you to just leave my room now," Aubrey ordered him.

"Why do you always have to..." Connor tried explaining, but he was cut off by CJ's babysitter, who rushed to Aubrey's door and knocked on the door.

"Madam, are you in there?" CJ's babysitter called out to Aubrey, and she sounded very concerned, but Aubrey could not figure out why the young woman was still home. Aubrey looked at the watch, and she realized that it was far too late for her to be home and far too early for her to be back home from taking CJ to school.

Without thinking, Aubrey went into panic mode as she quickly dressed herself as fast as she could.

"Yes, I am here; what is it?" Aubrey asked.

"Madam, CJ is missing," CJ's sitter informed them as panic filled her voice. What she had just told Aubrey had Connor and Connor staring at each other in shock.

"What?" They both said it in unison, and without thinking, Connor and Aubrey rushed out of her room and stood in front of the babysitter.

"I went to his room this morning, but he wasn't there. I searched everywhere for him, but then I found a letter that he left for you and madam," the babysitter informed the two of them.

The babysitter handed the note to Connor; he read the letter all to himself, and his face turned pale.

"What did it say, Connor?" Aubrey asked Connor with panic in her voice. Connor said nothing and ran his hands through his hair. Aubrey was getting impatient with him; she grabbed him by his shirt collar and shook him.

"What did the letter say, Connor?" Aubrey asked him once more, this time with tears in her eyes. Connor swallowed the lump in his throat and stared at her.

"He ran away because we were fighting, and he said we should not look for him," Connor informed her with very little energy in him.

"No, no, it can't be," Aubrey blurted. Aubrey could not think at all; all she remembered was running down the steps, getting to the phone, and dialing the number.

"Hello, who is this?" Connor's mother spoke on the phone.

"Hey, it's Aubrey here; is CJ at your house?" Aubrey asked Connor's mother, and there was silence on the other end of the phone.

"Can you answer me, please?" Aubrey raised her voice; tears ran down her face as she gripped the telephone.

"Yes, he's here," Connor's mother responded. Aubrey could not believe that Connor's mother had her baby boy, and she did not bother calling to inform her.

"Why is he there? How did he get there? And why didn't you call me?" Aubrey raised her voice, infuriated that Connor's mother would keep such an important detail from her.

"Aubrey, calm down! He showed up at my house late last night. Come over, and we'll talk about it. Connor's mother ended the call. For her life, Aubrey could not believe that her son was okay.

Aubrey quickly wiped her tears away, and just before she could go get her jacket, she bumped into Connor.

"Where is he?" Connor asked Aubrey, as he too was restless.

"He is at your parent's house," Aubrey informed him plainly. Connor stared at her, confused as to what she said.

"Why and how did he get there?" Connor asked her, and Aubrey did not know where to begin.

"I don't know, but apparently we are going to find out soon." Aubrey walked out on Connor and left him in the living room. Connor grabbed his keys in a hurry, as he was determined to get his son back.