Hope<3 (Chapter 5)

Chapter 5- Hope

Louis-

A date. I had a date with Christa, of all people. Images of Mum were pulled into the forefront of my muddled mind, and I remembered her telling me how much she wished for me to find someone. I remembered the way her lips were pursed as she promised me that I would... that I would find the other half of my heart someday. I'd prayed then that she wasn't mistaken, and only now did I see the way things were playing out.

Christa was... she was shaping up to be everything I'd ever wanted in a girl. It wasn't a cliché that I was falling so fast, though I tried to rid my head of it. It wasn't just some lie I was telling myself... that she made me happy, that she made me want to be myself when no one else had. She really did those things, and I really wanted this to work out. From a famous person's standpoint, most would draw the conclusion that I wanted her because she treated me like a normal person. Because she didn't swoon over me when my accent was most present; because she didn't scream for my autograph when she saw me; most would say those were the reasons I was falling so fast.

Could I agree? In a way. But when I remembered that she knew nothing of my life outside of this little beach, I found hope. If she treated me this way now, of all things I could hope that she would love me all the more when I came clean. If and when I revealed my fame to her, I held on to the hope that she would understand why I'd kept it hidden.

But for now, all of that was a lost cause. It was something imperative that I would have to face when the time arrived. For now my mind was racked, all thoughts scattered in different directions. I was thinking idly about Harry and the guys, how they were doing on their widespread tour. I hadn't been on my phone much, not feeling the need for such technology, given the fact that I was on the beach in an attempt to get away from all of that. But I had called a few days ago, and as far as I knew, the guys were still concerned for me; they still missed me and wished the best on my vacation.

Deep down I knew the band wasn't the same without me, but I tried to fib my way through it, lying to cover up my need for a getaway. It wasn't permanent, I was sure, and soon the world could have me back in its clutches, ready to scream and swoon over me for as long as they wanted.

Another concern was my Mum and sisters. They missed me as much as (if not more than) the band. The girls were still missing their big brother, and Mum had grown a little leery of me being this far away. The last time we'd spoken I'd promised that I was doing fine, and she made me want to believe it.

Finally, the date with Christa. What on earth was I going to do? What should I wear? Where could we go? The only real solution I found to this was calling the ultimate Ladies' Man. Marc Bryant. He was cliché, the tip of the ice burg when it came to dating, with money to boot. Not that I didn't have plenty of that. But with the lie (and I cringed) that I'd already told Christa, I needed to keep up my pretenses here.

I pulled myself out of bed, knowing that Christa was already starting her shift as lifeguard and that my time was limited. I dialed Marc's number, remembering that even at this late an hour, I was probably in danger of waking him up. But he answered on the third ring, and I spoke eagerly.

"Hey, man," I said cautiously, "I need a favor."

"What?" Marc said, sounding hung-over. Oh, God, I thought. How well is he going to be able to help me when he's like this? I repeated my question, albeit slower than the first time, and he groaned. "What time is it?"

"I don't know, like eleven!" I almost shouted. I was really stressed about this date, and his dependency was beginning to be increasingly important. "I need your help."