"I'll Find the Words To Say..." <3 (Chapter 19)

AHHH! This is the last full chapter! There's still an Epilogue, that I actually might finish today xD

Thanks for the dedication to this story! :)

Chapter 19- “I’ll Find the Words To Say…”

            Shut the door, turn the light off / I wanna be with you / I wanna feel your love / I wanna lay beside you / I cannot hide this even though I try…”  Louis gripped my hand in his, looking longingly into my eyes. I completely forgot about the thousands of people watching. I forgot about my need to use the bathroom. I left all thought of where I was; I only knew that he was singing to me.

            The song continued; it was another song with tons of meaning… a thought that applied directly to mine and Louis’ situation. It was the perfect choice… “If we could only have this life for one more day / if we could only turn back time…”

            I could do nothing but grin stupidly. There was a break in the song and the rest of the band walked out, side by side. I craned my head around to see and smiled stupidly at them, too. Harry, Niall, Zayn, and then Liam each started singing, a beautiful harmony filling the speakers. The chorus began, and Louis sang the lead, his friends singing back-up.

            “You know I'll be / your life, your voice, your reason to be / my love, my heart / is breathing for this / moment in time / I'll find the words to say / before you leave me today…”

            This was his apology. This was it. This was what my parents had been telling me about. He really, truly didn’t feel forgiven by me, and this was his way of showing me. I felt stupid for not calling and telling him that he was forgiven; but with a jolt, I realized that if I had, there probably wouldn’t be a concert. There wouldn’t be a reunion with the boys. I probably wouldn’t be here right now.

            And I wouldn’t be itching to take him back.

            That’s exactly what my mind was doing… longing for the song to finish so that I could pull him into my arms and kiss him; tell him how much I’d really prayed that it would work out; tell him that I wanted him back with all my heart. It wasn’t quite love, not yet, but I knew that my feelings for him could blossom so quickly if given the chance. This was the chance.

            All of the other band members walked around stage during the song, doing their usual thing, but Louis staged glued to my side. He looked at me the entire time, and even when I couldn’t bring myself to stay focused on him, he was still staring. I made myself look at him often; but in between glances I stared at the other guys. Every time I did so, at least one of them would be returning my gaze, smiling back. My heart leaped.

            Before I knew it, the song was almost to an end. “My love, my heart / is breathing for this / moment in time / I'll find the words to say / before you leave me today…”

            The music faded and all that was left was the rumbling voices from the crowd. For the most part, the screaming had died down. No doubt, these thousands of fans were dying to see my reaction to this. I couldn’t hold back the tears any longer. As I let them flow down my hot, flushed cheeks, Liam stepped over and handed me a mike.

            Suddenly nervous, I tried to focus on Louis’ eyes. He stood still next to me. I was seated on the little black stool, where I wanted to stay forever. Until I suddenly didn’t. I slammed my feet from their resting place and onto the stage, causing a big boom and giggles from the crowd. I threw myself into Louis’ arms, gave him a peck on the cheek, and then backed away. The crowd went wild.