37. Unexpected

"I've had something that I've been keeping a secret for so long that I can't bare it anymore. And I'm sick of pretending just to fit in. Sakura told me that she finally got Sasuke to take her on a date and I got really upset". You hug her and rub her back as you pull away. "Why were you upset? I don't understand". She sniffles and wipes her eyes with the sleeve of her jersey. "I'm in love with Sakura. I have been since high school and all the through Uni to now". Your eyes widen in shock. "But I thought you were dating Sai again?". She looks to the floor, averting her gaze. "I got back with him because Sakura is always talking about how she has been texting Sasuke, I wanted her to be jealous or at least see that people wanted to date me". Once she's finished she falls silent. You take her hands and rub the backs of them with your thumbs. She looks up and meets you eyes. "It's okay, Ino. Just calm down, everything will be alright". She gives a slow nod and walks over to a stall, grabbing some toilet paper and blowing her nose. 

You comfortingly rubbed her back. "Ino we can talk about this later, we need to get back on the road". She looks in the mirror and shakes her head. "I can't go back out there, my eyes are all red and puffy", she says, splashing her face with water. She looks back up at her reflection and sighs, nothing had changed. You place your hand on her shoulder and send a small smile. "I'll be back in a sec". She nods and watches as you leave the restroom.

You walk over to the car where Itachi and Kisame are still sitting. "Is Ino alright?", Kisame asks. You nod. "Yeah she's fine, just a little upset". "What about?", Itachi asks. You shake your head as you glace back at the bathroom. "It doesn't matter right now, she's just going through some problems so don't bother asking". They both nod and look over at the bathroom. You look to Kisame in the back. "Hey, could you move to the front for me. I want to sit by her, she's still upset". He gives a quick nod and gets out of the car, heading to the front seat. "Sure then". Before he can get back into the car you give him a small hug and then run back into the bathroom to get Ino.

You poke your head around the door and see her leaning up against the sinks, looking sadly down at the ground. "Come on Ino, I promise it'll be okay. The boys won't say anything". he gives a slow nod and approaches you, walking close to you. The two of you exit the bathroom, Ino squints due to the sudden light of the sun. She covers her eyes and walks slowly, this irritated you. You let out an annoyed sigh and yanked her arm, pulling her towards the car. "It doesn't matter, it's just Kisame and Itachi". She sighs and removes her hand, having a slightly more confident expression on her face. The two of you approach the car and both climb into the back in silence, not even the boys speak. Itachi adjusts his rear view mirror and notices the pink colouring of Ino's eyes. "Do you guys wanna stop somewhere or nah?". You open your mouth to speak but are cut off. "It's fine, Itachi. Don't worry about me, just take us home". He smiles and nods. "Of course".

Timeskip

The car comes to a stop outside you apartment building waking you up. You look around and notice the familiar building. Your eyes drift to the front seat where Itachi sat, looking back at you with a smile. "We're here". Beside him Kisame sat, asleep and Ino was also asleep next to you. You smile at Itachi and get out of the car, heading to the boot to grab your stuff. You grab your bags and wave to them as they drive off, its a shame Kisame and Ino were asleep.

You slowly entered your apartment building, greeting the receptionist as you made your way to the elevator. Once inside you waited for the doors to close and let out a long sigh. Everything these last couple of days had exhausted you, you were ready for a nice long sleep. You reached your floor and walked towards your door, fishing your keys out of your pocket to open it up. But as you got close enough you notice that the door is already unlocked and cracked open. You raise an eyebrow and slowly pushed the door. You left your bags by the door and walked down the hall way, hearing clattering in the kitchen. You peaked around the kitchen door noticing someone you didn't quite expect to see. "Tenten?".

I was supposed to update yesterday but I didn't sorry, I was a little busy. I hope you enjoyed btw. I'm super happy that someone guessed it right, I will be paring Sakura and Ino. Sasuke will have no one! Not even Karin. Hope you have a great day. Vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD