41. Kick off

The whistle blew, knocking you from your thoughts. You looked at the field and saw Pein and Sasuke talking to the ref. Pein was the captain of the Akatsuki team so Sasuke must've been Konoha's captain. You kinda exprectedShikamaru or maybe even Naruto, but the Nara was super lazy and the Uzumaki was a little too childish and energetic for the position. The coach flipped a coin and from there they decided which half they would start off on. You noticed that your team was standing on the sidelines, talking as they waited for their captain. A minute or two later Pein finished talking to the ref and gestured his team onto the pitch. The team ran onto the field, except they were missing a player. You looked to your right and saw Kisame approaching you. You stood up and send him a kind smile. "Why aren't you out there? Go on, Pein's gonna be mad if you don't move your ass", you chuckle. He smiles and stops right in front of you, his cheeks tinted light pink. "I was wondering if I could get a little more good luck before the game", he asks nervously. You giggle at his request and nod. He moves his face closer to yours and offers his cheek to you by turning his head to the side. Feeling bold you reach up and place your hand on his cheek, straightening up his face. You then lean up and press your lips against his.

You pull away with a blush on your own face, noticing the surprised expression on Kisame's. "Is that enough good luck for you?', you ask, avoiding eye contact. Feeling his lips against your forehead you smile lightly. "More than enough". "Oi you blue bastard, get your ass out here. You can make out with your girlfriend later!", Hidan yells. The blushes on your faces grew even brighter. He then sent you a wave and ran onto the field with a large smile on his face. You sat back down on the bench and took a sip from your drink bottle, you couldn't actually believe that you had done that. And by the looks of it, everyone saw it. You look up and notice that not only are the players on the field looking at you but the people in the crowd too, what made it worse was that there was a big turn out. You were then knocked from your thoughts again by the whistle, but this one insinuated that the game was starting.

Konoha started off with the ball, Sasuke kicked it over the line and was tacked straight away by Pein who easily got it off of him. You mentally chuckled at the Uchiha, he had the most annoyed look on his face right now. Pein then passed to Itachi who took it up the wing, passing back to White Zetsu as he was blocked by Shikamaru and Sai. White Zetsu crossed it over to Kisame in the middle who took a shot. Sasuke ran past the goal and blocked the shot, kicking it hard up the line. Black Zetsu missed it and the ball was then taken by Naruto who crossed it in front of the goal. Lee took a shot, getting it in the top right-hand corner. Tobi dived for the ball but missed it, it was a goal for the other team.

You looked into the crowd and saw your friends sitting in the front, cheering loudly. You felt a little annoyed since it wasn't your team but you knew why they were cheering, the guys they liked were on that team. You remember that they were always like this during high school, watching the ones they liked lovingly as they played. It was a normal thing for them but for you, it wasn't. You just remembered cheering for your friends, there wasn't anyone who really caught your eye besides Kisame. That's why you would go and watch him and his team, but mainly him. He was so talented and kind, always helping people up if they fell no matter what team they were on.

The ball started off in the middle again, this time the Akatsuki got to start. Pein kicked the ball over the line and to the wing where Black Zetsu got control of it, dribbling around Naruto as he tried to tackle him. Once around him, Black Zetsu sprinted up the line with the ball, leaving Naruto in the dust. He passed it into the middle but was intercepted by Choji who booted it down the field, getting it back to Sasuke. Hidan and Kakuzu managed to actually work together, which surprised you and get the ball back up to Pein who passed to Kisame. Kisame took a shot at the goal, only for their goalie, Neji, to catch it. The crowd clapped for the attempt and the goalie's great save. The first half seemed to go on for hours in your mind but that was only because your mind was flooded with random, unwanted thoughts. You took a deep breath and looked up only to see Pein approaching the opposition's goal, a determined look on his face. He passed to his right, letting Itachi take the shot. The Uchiha swung his leg back and kicked the black and white sphere with great force. Neji jumped to the side to stop the ball but missed and it hit the back of the net. At that moment your face lit up, all of your doubts and worries suddenly disappeared. Maybe you could actually win this game.

I only really want to have the main parts of the game in the story or else I'd just be saying a bunch of passing and that would be super boring and read and tedious to write. Right now the score is 1:1 so let's hope the Akatsuki wins. Go team! Anyway, vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD