Prologe

Water...

Earth...

Fire...

Air.

Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. Then everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked.

Only the Avatar, master of all four elements, could stop them. But when the world needed him most, he vanished.

A hundred years passed and my brother and I discovered the new Avatar, an airbender named Aang. And although his airbending skills are great, he still has a lot to learn before he's ready to save anyone.

But I believe Aang can save the world.

Thirteen years ago, I was born by my mother Mao and my father Shota. We lived in the Earth Kingdom peacefully, along with my my older brother for years. Until the night guards came to our house, demanding my father come with them. I was only five at the time, hiding behind my mother as the Fire Nation guards tried to take my father. 

        I remember everything that happened that night. First there was shouting, voices ringing angrily through the house. Then came the fighting. The guards attempting to take him by force; my father fighting back. Mother grabbed me and my brother, taking us outside to avoid the flames being thrown around our home. I strained against her, desperate to get to father, who's screams could be heard from inside. 

        My mother forced me to stay put as she ran back to the house to help father. Neither of them came back. My brother and I hid in the forest next to our house as the guards came out of the burning house. He told me to stay hidden while he went to check things out and I didn't move until the house collapsed. My brother never returned.

        It was then, I was determined to get revenge, to take down the Fire Nation for taking my family away from me. My name is Mari and I will see to it that the Fire Nation burns.