Time

I felt a searing pain in my neck when I tried to lift it. I felt weak. I felt someone. My hand, it was touching someone's face. The room was dark, the door was closed. I slowly opened my mouth to say something but it was so dry all that came out was sudden air. My arm was a bit sore but I managed to move it. Whoever was on me was laying on my hip, I felt the face and then the hair. Was it kyle?
Had he come back? I knew it wasn't him though. He was either on a flight across the world or most likely already there. Suddenly when I slowly stoked the cheek again the person was startled and his head popped up.
"Egypt, you're awake?!" Suddenly I realized it was adam. He got up and ran to turn the light on. I don't know why he did that. As soon as he did we both groaned due to the immediate burn the light gave us because he turned it on so fast and we were just in the dark.
"Sorry!  I just... Egypt I'm so glad you're awake, when your mom told me what happened I ran over here immediately. I was so worried, all these thoughts ran into my mind, I didn't know how bad you were hurt and just the mere thought that-"

"Adam. I'm f...fine.." I said with a dry raspy voice. I smiled and came back over to me and held my hand. He looked at me and began looking at my entire body. He looked angry, yet there was this look of worry in his eyes. Then he looked in my eyes. It looked like there was a million thoughts in his head. I didn't know what they were but, whatever it was seemed really...intense. I squeezed his hand and smiled again hoping he would smile back but instead, he put his head back down on my hip.
"Adam...what's wrong? You know I'm fine, I'm not in pain except when I move my neck."
"That's not the point love." His silence scared me. Was HE okay? Did something else happen?
"Adam Where's carmen? Is she alright?" He nodded.
"Last I heard she was in surgery. Something about a miscarriage." He said. Suddenly my heart started racing and I got this feeling in my stomach.
"Is she gonna be okay?! Oh my god! She kept saying she had these pains...oh my god! I...I killed her baby?! I just wanted to get away from-" My head started hurting and the monitor started beeping. My heart rate was going up too high.
"Egypt! No its not your fault it's okay! Egypt please calm down! It's okay!" Suddenly I felt tears roll from my eyes. Adam got up and put his hand on my face and began to stroke my cheek and forehead. He wiped the tears from my eyes then got me some water.
"Egypt please relax you just woke up I don't need you stressing yourself out right now, you need to rest. Carmen is gonna be okay. And you didn't kill her baby. You did NOT kill her baby. You need sleep." He got up and cut the lights back off.
"Ummm adam?"
"Yes?" He said.
"I think I've slept enough..." I said laughing but then stopped because I felt a small pain in my side.

"You ready egypt?" Adam asked. I nodded and got in the car.
"I can't believe carmen's still in there...they wouldn't tell me anything because I'm not family and her parents left before I could ask. Thank God she's alive."
"Wow." Adam said looking at me with raised eyebrows.
"What?"
"Nothing, it's just, not too long ago you guys were literally at each other's throats." He started the car and began to drive away.
"She and I, I guess we just got to a point where we can finally tolerate each other." I said. He was right though, and it was weird how far carmen I have come...the old me would've thought one of us would've been dead by now.
"Well that's good, that's less stress for you and..for her too. She's a real pain in the ass but I'd hate to see her go." I laughed and he smiled.
"Hey, can I come over to your house for the night?" I asked.
"Uh...yea sure. Something up?" He said
"Nah just, I don't know, I just wanna hangout or something."
"Yea that's fine, let's get your stuff from your house and then we'll grab some food and then go back to my place."
"Thanks" I said
"Welcome love."
I don't know what was wrong with me but I wasn't really ready to go home. I thought maybe I just needed to be with a friend, maybe I just needed some time with someone, to distract me from all the recent events.
So many things have happened lately, finding carmen in the bathroom, kyle leaving, the car accident...I think I just need to have some fun and escape reality

Adam's POV

"Maybe I should wait I th-"
"No Adam! Where is she? You should tell her! If only she knew how distraught u were when you found out about the accident... Adam I know you're scared to tell her but she needs to know how you feel." Clara said. She was really loud on the phone thank God egypt wasn't in the car.
"She's getting her stuff. Kyle JUST left mate....she just got out of an accident, she's still worried about carmen, I don't think this is the right time to spring up any I'm in love with yous." Carmen let out a loud groan over the phone and then there was a minute of silence.
"Adam tell her. Soon atleast. If you don't want to do it now and give her sometime...don't but eventually you need to tell her." I sighed and watched as egypt locked her door and headed towards the car.
"Hey Clara Egypts coming back I'll talk to you later."
"Don't back out of it adam." She said then she hung up.
"Hey sorry that took so long, who was on the phone?" Egypt asked.
"It was just Clara she's about to go back to work, she was just calling to ask how you were doing." I said.
"Darn, I wanted to say hi but, I don't want to interrupt her while she's working."
"I told her to come over tomorrow afternoon so that we can all chill."
"Great sounds perfect."