Jalapeños

OH MY GOD.

did kyle just ask me on a date?! not a date but still...

Kyle?! *Internal Squeal*

"What am I gonna wear? OMG I HAVE TO CALL..." I paused. Eve. It'd been a while since I last talked to her though, she came up in my mind constantly. Truth is, I think I was scared because I had no idea if she moved on, or if she was mad, I had no clue if she'd even missed me. I picked up my phone and dialed the number. 

"Hello?"

"Eve?" I said quietly.

"Yes...who's this?" well that hurt. I hadn't changed my number and I thought i was in her contacts still.

"It's me egypt."

"Egypt?! 

"Yup...that's it." I chuckled nervously.

"It's been a while...How come I haven't heard from you? I called you for some time. I thought you'd be upset for a while but not all summer!" she yelled at the end.

"I wasn't upset with you I'd just gone through some changes."

"Changes? what do you mean?" I smiled. I was actually really excited to show my progress.

"One sec I'm gonna send you a pic on snap. stay on the phone."

"OMG Egypt! You look amazing! I can't believe it how'd you do it?"

"well, you already know not to say anything but basically I went to fat camp."

"Oh my gosh...they obviously worked wonders." she said.

"um.. yeah I guess. It was hard.. But that's not why I called you. I have news! Kyle kind of..."

"KYLE you guys still talk?! OMG DO I SMELL ROMANCE BREWING?" 

"NO! well he asked me to hangout with him and some friends this weekend." she was silent for a second then she finally said something.

"Egypt. this is perfect. you finally can get your flirt on with kyle and you two can start dating! Oh, I can see it now..it's perfect!"

"ugh whatever eve...but what do I wear?"

" I got you." two seconds later. we were video calling on my laptop and she was picking through my wardrobe. she said she was impressed with it and swore when she came to visit she was gonna borrow some clothes. for a minute it felt like old times again. It felt like I wasn't alone.

After about an Hour I was ready. I wore a loose fitted floral romper with a brown suede jacket and blush pink leather flats. I sat on the porch and waited for kyle to come. I looked at the sky and watched the clouds. I remember laying in the field and watching them at camp during break time. In the back of my mind, I kind of wished I hadn't told Eve about fat camp; Though she was my best friend so i'm sure I can trust her. 

Kyle's car rolled up the drive way and he got out.

"Hey you ready?" he said.

"Yeah." he opened the door for me as I got in, then he got in and started the car.

"How was your day?" He asked as he pulled off.

"It was good you?"

"It was okay. you look nice by the way."

"Thanks, so whe're we off to?"

"I was thinking we could head to Blue Orchid Mall."

"Isn't that the mall by the beach?"

"yeah. Oh and by the way, My friend Clara and adam are coming, there are gonna meet us there." I nodded. I did know his friends were coming but I was a little nervous.

~
I felt his hand on my face as I opened my eyes he was leaned over me standing outside my door.

"Oh sorry, I didn't even realize I fell asleep." He let out a laugh and helped me out of the car.
"Its fine. Your kind of cute when you're sleeping." He laughed.
Cute? Did he say I was cute? I felt butterflies in my stomach and I began to blush again. As we walked in the mall I tried to think of words to say..
"Wow it smells like pretzels in here. I like it." I immediately cringed at what I just said but then noticed the smile on his face as he looked at me.
"It does I like it too!" Well looked at each other and laughed. It was the stupidest thing but it was really funny.
"Speaking of pretzels... you wanna get one?" He asked.
"Sure tha...." suddenly two people were shouting hey at us from afar. I'm guessing they were Adam and Clara. I will be honest I've seen Clara at school before but never adam.
Holy nutballs.
Adam was hot.
Like model hot.
Kind of like kyle.
I never thought I'd ever see someone be as hot as I thought kyle was... but this guy...damn.
"wassup guys! Hey..this is my friend egypt; Egypt this is Clara and Adam." Well shook hands and Clara almost immediately pulled me in for a hug.
"Hi OMG I love your outfit Egypt! Man you look so different! You look good!"
"Thanks!" She smiled at me and then I looked at Adam who was flashing me this smirk.
"So...Adam I've never seen you around before. Where are you from?" Then it hit me when he began to speak.
"I'm the new kid love. As you can probably tell I'm an Ozzie." Omg. When he spoke I nearly died a little.
"Oh so are you like an exchange student?"
"Yeah no I just moved here with my family."
He had the whitest prettiest teeth I'd ever seen.
"C..cool."
"So where to first?" Clara asked.
"Egypt and I were about to get a pretzel." Kyle said.
"I could go for a pretzel." Adam said.
We all walked to the stand each of us grabbing a different pretzel except Clara and I, we both like the cinnamon ones. Kyle picked up a strawberry and cream cheese pretzel while Adam picked up the jalapeño one.
"I'm gonna go get napkins."Kyle said.
"Ok. While you do that I'm gonna get a soda from the machine. Anyone else want one?" Clara said.
Adam and i shook our heads.
And then there were two.
"Jalapeños...huh." I said.
"What? they're good on a pretzel. Have you ever tried it?"
"No. I've never even heard of the combination."
"What?! Seriously?! No. Here open your mouth."He literally then just fed me a pretzel.
"Good right?" He asked. I was blushing a little cause of the thoughts of when he said open your mouth but then my eyes teared a bit from the jalapeño.
"Guess they would be a bit spicy." I said as I began to wipe my eye..
"NO don't do that!" He grabbed my wrist then laughed.
"If you rub your eyes you could get the pepper it." He took his sleeve and wiped the tears from my eye.
"Take it from me I've got experience." He said.
"How'd that happen?"
"I used to eat the peppers for snack cause I like them but, one day I accidentally rub my eye after eating one. Felt like shit for about 2 hours. Had to keep flushing it out. It was red and irritated for a bit."
"That's sucks. But wait you ate them as snacks? Are they just not spicy to you?!"
"Nothing I can't handle." He winked as he took another bite.
"I think I would suggest you stick to cinnamon though." He laughed. Kyle came back with the napkins and Clara was over talking to some guy with a Pepsi in her hand.
"What'd I miss?" Kyle said.
"Egypt almost killed herself with a piece of jalapeño." Adam said.
"Rubbed her eye?"
"Almost." They laughed.
"Jalapeños are spicy." I had no idea why I said that.
"No there not." Kyle said.
"Some girls just can't handle the heat" Adam said as he smiled looking at me and taking another bite.
"I can handle anything." Clara said as she walked over to us.
"Is that a challenge..adam?" I said. He looked at me with a smirk. Then look at kyle who was smiling back.
"Do you want it to be egypt?" Kyle said.
suddenly I had an idea.
"I'll do you one better, let's make it a bet." I said.
Be spontaneous egypt.
"Ok. Watcha got?" adam said turning to me and getting close.
"We go to the store. We buy jalapeño peppers. We eat a pepper one at a time last team still chowing down without hesitation and giving up wins."
"Team?" Kyle asked.
"Girls against boys."
"You sure u wanna do that?" Adam said.
"Positive. As long as one person is still eating on your team ur good. Last person wins."
"And if we lose?" Adam asked.
"You have to run through the mall and out to the beach in your underwear."
"I think we can do better than that mate." Adam  said. Then they looked at each other with a childish grin on their faces.
"I say if your team loses, you have to streak around the beach."
I gulped.
No egypt be spontaneous. Come on how much can he really take?
"Its a bet."