pills.

He turned back around and looked at me. I took my shoes off ad grabbed his hand and he pulled me into the bed with him. I was a bit hesitant, because I thought it was inappropriate, but I also figured that he needed it. I layed next to him and looked at him.
"Every time I close my eyes I see her and I see the knife. Constantly it replays in my mind and gives me nightmares." Then I understood. I knew why he looked like this. He probably hadn't slept in weeks. Then I noticed the he had meds on his nightstand.
"Adam what are these?" I asked he lifted his head up a bit.
"Sleeping pills. They might make me loopy for a bit, I just got them today I'm supposed to take them and try them out tonight. Just for tonight." He looked so miserable I didn't know what to do. Next thing I knew I felt my hands wrapped around his waist and his wrapped back around mine.
"A..adam.." I was suddenly shushed.
"Please just dont...please." He couldn't get the words out and he closed his eyes.
Being so close to him, it felt wrong but right. It felt like I was supposed to be here.
"Egypt.." He said.
"Yeah adam?" His eyes slowly opened.
"Can you give me a pill?" I looked at him, at his eyes, at his pale skin, and I felt his head. He was definitely sick, but I didn't want him to just wallow here in sorrow all day. The pills if he just took them over and over to sleep it was unhealthy. Plus, I doubt he even ate today.
"I think maybe you should eat something..to get some energy." He groaned before closing his eyes.
"No..please..I just want to sleep."
"It's not good for you please..please eat something." Then suddenly he let go.
"Please just leave." It hurt when he said it. But I knew he was just talking out of anger.
"NO adam. I'm not leaving you until you are better." He turned over and hid under the covers. I looked at him then tried to pull them back but he yanked them from me.
"Leave egypt."
"No." He pushed the covers off of him and got up. His tall statuesque body stood before me and gave me a stern look.
"Egypt i just need to sleep and be alone. I don't want to kick you out."
"You won't and you're not going to because you're sick and im staying till you feel better. He stood over me and grabbed my arm. I pushed him back but he held on to me. I tried to hold onto the bed but he grabbed me and swung me over his shoulders.
"Stop! Adam!" He opened the door and put me down. I tried to push through and get back in but he shut the door and locked me out. To be honest, I'd never felt so scared. What was I scared of? I don't know. I guess the thought of him doing something stupid or harming himself made me terrified and weak. I could hear his groans and him picking up the bottle. A sound I knew all to well.

Flashback.
The rattle of the pills in the bottle. When I opened it half of my pills were gone and eve was no where to be found. I ran everywhere, only to see her body laying on the ground. I couldn't hear myself, I couldn't hear anything. All I could do was see the paramedics coming to pick her up and I could hear the deafening screams in my head.
Except they weren't in my head.
It was me screaming.

~
How could I do that again? I couldnt.
the small knocks turned to pounding.
And the begging turned to pleading screams.
"NO! ADAM! LET ME IN RIGHT NOW! ADAM PLEASE LET ME HELP YOU! ADAM!" I felt the tears and heard the maid come running as I slowly slid down back against the door down to the floor. I didn't know what came over me. But what ever it was worked.
"Are you okay whats happening? Adam?!" The door opened and there he was. His face was suddenly alert and he seemed like he'd seen a ghost.
"Egypt! What.. Egypt.." He looked at me as he helped me up.
"I can't do this all over again please let me help you!" For a second he looked frustrated before looking away.
"Its okay I'm fine. I'll take her to my room we're fine. " the maid left and he let me back in. I sat on the bed and we were quiet for a second and he just folded his arms and looked at me.
"Did you take the pills?" He shook his head.
"Not yet..but egypt I just can't sleep any other way.."
"You'll just keep sleeping! And having nigthmares! It will just depress you more!" He put his hands on his head and leaned against the wall closing his eyes. Suddenly I caught sight of the pills and lunged for them I grabbed them and ran into his bathroom.
"Hey! Egypt stop what are you..." His eyes widened as i poured them in the toilet. He came toward me and I flushed the toilet. He grabbed me and pinned me to the wall.
"Why the hell did you do that?!" He yelled at this point he was gripping my wrist tightly and he had a crazy look on him.
"I couldn't risk it!"
"Risk what?! The chance of me getting rest and getting better?!"
"No overdose. I didn't want to come back and find you on the ground either dead or in a coma like egypt. They can be addictive! What if this time I couldn't save you?"
I felt a tear again and he began to let go.
"If you want me to leave I will leave..just please eat and let me take care of you for at least an hour and a half." He ran his fingers through his hair and looked at me.
"After I eat I want you gone. And don't come back here." He walked out without even looking at me.