Is That Understood

Regina just hit her two month mark. She was seated on the couch with her eyes closed. The front door opened.
Regina looked over. Henry walked in and slammed the door. "I hate going to school."
Regina frowned. "Why?"
"My friend got suspended to defending me but the teacher freaked out because she wasn't getting her way and then he got suspended for talking back and yelling at the teacher." Henry explained and hung his book bag up.
"Why was he defending you?" Regina asked.
"Because I told my teacher that you're having a baby and she didn't believe me because she said you were too skinny and she said that the baby was going to have a horrid life." Henry said. "She said just like mine."
Regina reached over and touched Henry's shoulder. "Do you think you have a horrid life?" She asked gently.
He shook his head. "No. I have a hard life sometimes but it's not horrid."
"She shouldn't have said those things to you. I'll have to speak with her. Don't worry about if for now Okay?" Regina said and ruffled his hair.
"Okay." He said softly and leaned against her. Regina pulled him into a gig and kissed his cheek.
"I love you Henry." Regina said softly.
"I love you too Mum." He said quietly.

     Regina set the dinner on the table. Emma walked in shutting the front door behind her. Regina looked over at her. "Uh oh. You look upset. Hard day at work?"
     Emma shrugged off her jacket. "I- I don't really want to talk about it." She said softly.
Regina set the plates down slowly on the table. "Okay. Uh- Well I have a meeting with Henry's teacher in a few minutes. Could you save me a plate and make sure Henry gets his food ate and homework done?"
Emma walked over. "His teacher?"
"It's a long story. I'll tell you later." Regina said. She kissed Emma quickly on the cheek.
Emma smiled. "I'll save you a plate. How have you felt today?"
Regina made a face. "Sick."
Emma laughed. "That happens. Other than that?"
"Fine." Regina said. "Oh though." She turned to the fridge. "I think the lettuce is going bad. It's starting to smell."
"I'll take a look at it." Emma said. She wrapped her arms around Regina. "I'm proud of you."
Regina looked up at Emma. "For what?"
"For everything. You're trying. That's all I've asked for. And you're carrying our baby." Emma said. "Can we have a baby shower?"
"No! Not until after the fourth month. I don't want to jinks anything." Regina said.
Emma sighed. "Fine. You better get to the school though."
Regina nodded and unwrapped Emma's arms. "Eat! You look hungry."
She walked to the door and grabbed her coat. "I'll see you in a bit." She said to Emma who was already eating.
Regina walked to the car and sat in the front seat. She closed her eyes and sighed. This would be a meeting that she would have to mentally compose herself for. She took a deep breath and began to drive to the school.
Regina parked and walked into the building and walked to the teachers class room. She sighed. "Of course. It's you." It was Kathryn Nolan.
She looked up. "Mrs. Mills."
Regina walked to the desk. "Swan-Mills." She corrected.
"You're here on henrys behalf I presume?"
"I am." Regina said and sat down in a chair beside the desk. "You shouldn't have said those things Kathryn and you know it." Regina said softly.
"What I said was true." She said and crossed her arms. "You can't bare a child. You're too thin, and you don't even care for the child you have."
Regina closed her eyes for a second. "Henry was very upset about what you said to him. Now let me tell you one thing." She said and stood up. "You can make me as unhappy as you would like but if I ever hear you speaking in ill tongue about my family again I will personally make your life a living hell. Is that understood?" Regina asked glaring down at Kathryn. "Because if it's not that I suppose I'll have to show you an example."