We Both Can

Regina laid in the bed. She stared at the ceiling. "Is the case dropped?" She asked Emma.
      Emma sighed. "Her mother won't drop the charges. Do you want to press charges against violet?"
    Regina sat up. "Bring her over. I want to talk to her. You can wait outside of the room if you want but I want to speak to violet."
    Emma hesitated. "Now?"
  Regina nodded. "Now."
      Emma twisted her hands and hesitated. "Regina I-"
    "I know you don't think it's a good idea but I really need to talk to her Emma." Regina said. "Please give me that."
    Emma sighed. "Okay." She walked to the door. "Stay in bed please."
     Regina laid back in the bed. "I will. Don't worry about me."
Emma looked once more at Regina and walked downstairs. She walked to the sheriff station and called violets mother to bring violet over.
They showed a few moments later.
Emma told violets mother what was going on and though she was reluctant she agreed only if she could be in the room downstairs.
Emma led violet upstairs and knocked on Regina's door.
"Come in." She heard Regina's weakening voice day.
Emma opened the door. "She's here."
Regina sat up with some struggle and propped herself up with a pillow. "She may come in."
Emma let violet go in. She shut the door behind her and sighed. Emma looked at the door and walked to the room next door.
Regina looked at the girl in front of her. "Violet." She said softly.
Violet looked at her. "I'm sorry okay! I- I just wanted someone to feel my pain. I didn't think it would make me a villain."
Regina straightened up and frowned. "A villain? No! No you're a child. I shouldn't have done what I did to you. But you shouldn't have threatened my family. That doesn't make you a villain violet. You're still young. You still have so much to learn." Regina said.
Violet looked at her. "I just wanted someone to feel as I felt:"
Regina looked at violet. "Come here." She said and motioned for violet to sit on the bed.
Violet slowly walked over.
Regina pulled her hands into her lap. "I know how you feel love. I grew up in a similar way. But if you do what he does than you're stooping down to his level. Is that what you want?" She asked the girl.
Violet slowly shook her head. "W-what if I turn out just like him?" She asked. Her voice broke.
Regina slowly tucked a strand of hair behind violets ear. "You don't have to be like him love. You can be you. No matter what happened and how he turned out you can be what ever you chose." Regina said softly. "You can be anything. I just hope you chose the right path."
"I can start over?" Violet asked Regina.
Regina smiled. "I think we both can."
Regina pulled violet into a hug. "We can start over."

Regina watched violet walk out of the room. She laid back and closed her eyes. Her work today was finished. For now.