Veracity

It was the weekend and Ryan and the team were headed to the mech for some routine tune-ups and practice. It had been a few days since the city-wide blackout and everything was back to normal. Well as normal as Ryan Walker's life could get. He was the pilot for a 150ft tall robot that he can control. He can control technology, but he can never use it in front of anyone but his team. If someone else found out about his power, it would not be good at all.

Once Harris and Spyder cleaned up Veracity's house after that night, she forgave them and well, they went back to being "frenemies". The guys didn't know what had happened to the monster that absorbed all of that energy and they knew they needed to find it soon, before it brought that energy wherever it was going to bring it.
"Wait so Harris, explain to me how Veracity's house was the only one that still had power again?" Ryan asked.
"She used a potato generator!" Harris answered.
"And why didn't you think of doing that?" Mark asked. Spyder laughed. Harris shot him a look and he stopped.
"Well I was too busy trying to identify a monster" Harris defended.
Just then they got a monster alert.
"Lets go guys!" Ryan yelled. They all ran to their stations, and Ryan got harnessed in.
"Mech Execute!"

Once they arrived at the monsters coordinates they saw the huge energy absorbing monster from earlier. And it was right above Veracity's house!
"Guys! That's Veracity's house!" Harris yelled.
"Is she at home?" Ryan asked.
"Yes! I see one female heat signature. She's home, but her dads aren't." Harris replied.
"We need to get her out of there." Spyder yelled.
Just then the monster turned around. It saw the robot. But the odd thing was it didn't attack. It shot some sort of goo on the robots face, which blinded Ryan.
"Guys! I can't see anything!" He yelled while swinging his arms around. He wouldn't be able to see until the goo was off the robots head.
What they didn't expect, was what happened next, the monster took off! It just left! Harris entered in a code and wiper blades came out and wiped the goo out of Ryan's eyes. He was able to see again.
"Thanks Harris. I can see now." Ryan said.
The guys were talking about where the monster may have went, when they were interrupted by Spyder,
"Guys look! Veracity's house was damaged. What if she's hurt!"
The guys redirected their attention down to her house.
"We have to get in there and check on her." Ryan said.
They all ran into the elevator and across the field to Veracity's house. The robot was on stealth mode of course.

Harris knocked on the front door. No answer.
"Veracity!" He yelled.
No answer.
"That's it I'm going in!" Spyder said.
He kicked down the door.
"Veracity!" Ryan yelled.
"Who's there!" They heard a female voice cry out.
"It's us! Ryan Mark Spyder and Harris!" Spyder yelled.
"Oh great Harry's here. Now I would have preferred the monster." She sarcastically replied.
"Glad to see you're okay." Harris said.
"Calm down Harry. It's just a simple joke." Veracity said, laughing.
"Okay. But you're alright?" Ryan asked.
"Yea... that monster was huge! It sent some weird energy surge through the house. Then it stabbed a hole in the roof! I ran out of the way before I got hit with anything, but my dads are gonna kill me!" Veracity explained.
Just then they heard a zapping noise come from the kitchen.
"What was that?" Mark asked.
"Let me go see." Veracity said. They all followed her into the kitchen. The lights were flickering.
"Huh...that's weird. I just changed that bulb." Veracity said. Just then the light exploded over Veracity's head, sending sparks flying. She ducked.
"Veracity!" Ryan yelled. He ran into the kitchen and grabbed her.
"You okay?" He asked.
"Yea..." she said shaking her head. There were a few pieces of glass in her hair and she needed to shake them out.
Just then the blender started going off. And the toaster was heating up. All the tech in the house was going crazy!
"Hey Ryan. Do you know what's happening?" Mark asked, hinting his brother was causing this.
"No!" Ryan replied. He had nothing to do with this.
Just then a spark shot out of the wall and almost hit Veracity, Harris noticed and pushed her down before it hit her.
"Th-thanks" Veracity said.
"No problem. We should really figure out what's going on here." Harris said.
"Umm Guys..." Spyder started, "look around us."
There was a circle of tech pieces surrounding them. Vacuums to lawnmowers. There was no escape.
"Oh my god. So this is how I go. Attacked by tech!?" Veracity yelled.
"Ryan." Mark looked at his brother.
"I can't!" He said looking over at Veracity.
"We don't have a choice. You have too. She's trustworthy." Mark said.
"Harris? Spyder?" Ryan asked, wanting their opinions.
"Do it Ryan. Otherwise we'll die." Harris said. Spyder nodded in agreement.
"Do what!?" Veracity yelled.
"Just stand back. We'll explain everything after we are safe." Ryan told her. She nodded and stepped back.
Ryan used his powers and disabled every piece of tech around them. Veracity saw this, she saw his eyes change colour and then each piece disabled. She was completely shocked.

Once they were safe, Ryan spoke up,
"Okay. Let's go someone more...secret to talk"
The others nodded. Harris motioned for Veracity to follow. She nodded and followed the four boys.
"Watch this!" Spyder said to her.
Ryan disarmed stealth mode and the giant yellow and blue robot was standing right in front of them.
"Woah..." Veracity said.
Then Ryan got the monster to stomp on them and they were sent into the robot.
"You're the fist person who didn't scream!" Spyder said.
"This is...Mech-X4?" She asked.
"Yep. Welcome to my second home" Ryan said.
"Let's go sit down and I'll explain."
They walked into the X-deck and they all sat on the couch. Ryan began to explain everything to Veracity,
"Okay so a little while ago, I discovered a had the power to control technology. Then we found this giant robot that was built specifically for me. A scientist who wanted to create technopathy, tested his theory on a bunch of volunteers, none of them got the power, but two of them were my birth parents and I got the power. They gave me to my parents, and the scientist brought me to the adoption centre where I was adopted by Marks parents. Now we fight monsters in hope of defeating Seth Harper since he wants to destroy the world!"
"Okay." Veracity said.
"Okay! Okay?" Spyder said, "she doesn't scream and she understands all of Ryan's messed up backstory?"
Ryan couldn't help but laugh.
"It's not that hard to believe. Mechanic had to be controlled by something. So why not a 15 year old who got his powers from an experiment gone wrong?" Veracity pointed out.
"So umm now that you know" Ryan started.
"I can go and tell Harper everything you just told me, since I work with him?" Veracity questioned.
The guys stood in shock.
"WAIT WHAT!?" Ryan yelled.
"Hahaha sorry! I was just kidding. It was a tad tense in the room so I thought I would lighten it up a little?" She said.
"Oh my god. She's perfect." Spyder said.
"Hmm?" She questioned.
"You are a mix of all of us! You are smart like Harris, make horrible jokes like me, are really tough like Mark, and understand all of this messed up backstory stuff like Ryan!" Spyder pointed out.
"He has a point." Mark said.
"No..." Harris said, knowing what was about to happen.
"Veracity..." Ryan started.
"No no no" Harris continued.
"Would you like to be a part of the Mech-X4 team!" He asked.
"Well duh!" Veracity exclaimed.
Harris face palmed.
"What's wrong Harry?" Veracity laughed. Harris sighed and everyone laughed. They all knew it was just his competitive instincts kicking in. He was happy Veracity was okay. She could have gotten badly hurt if they weren't there. And now she was apart of their team! He was happy so he joined in laughing with the others. Their happiness was short lived though as they received a monster alert.
"Stations!" Ryan yelled.
"Ready for your first monster?" Mark asked V.
"You know it!" She answered happily.

It was a new type of monster. A bat mixed with a lobster. It had sharp claws and wings and fangs.
"Lobat!" Spyder called out.
"He's the monster namer" Mark whispered to V who was standing beside him in case he needed help fixing something. She had been assigned the job of co-everything and the groups medic.
"Ohh Okay" She answered.
"Harris get the shields up quickly! The monsters lunging!" Ryan yelled.
"On it!" Harris said, he pressed the button just in time as the shields blocked a would-have-been-critical hit.
"Spyder, plasma cannons!" He yelled.
"Got it!" Spyder answered as he pressed a button. The plasma cannon appeared on the monsters fist and Ryan punched the monster back.
The monster stepped back but it wasn't fazed that much.
"Guys this isn't working!" Ryan yelled.
Just then, the monster lunged at Ryan and knocked him onto the ground.
"Ryan!" Mark yelled.
The monster was tackling the robot and Ryan couldn't get up.
"I can't get up!" Ryan panted.
Just then the lobat exposed its fangs and sunk them deep into the monsters arm. Ryan screamed out in pain.
"AGHHHHH!"
Spyder had had enough of this. He pressed a button and all the missiles they had shot out and exploded the monster into a harmless puddle of ooze. V took her job as medic seriously and ran down to the hero in pain.
"Let me see" V ordered. Ryan showed her his arm.
"Come on. Get to the medbay thing." She said. Ryan nodded and Mark helped Ryan walk over and sat him down on the bed.
Veracity scanned him and then looked at the two bite marks on his arm.
"Okay so it isn't too deep. I just need to bandage it up, and then it should be healed soon." She said as she expertly wrapped a piece of gauze on the wound.
"Thanks V." Ryan said smiling.
"No problem Ryan. Thanks for letting me join the team." She said.

A few months had passed and Veracity was doing amazing on the team. She fit in well and hung out with all of them. This was the one freshman Mark could stand and Ryan got along with her bey well. Spyder might have a little crush but that's a story for another time. And Harris well... he is still the competitive genius V knows best.

This one was all about Veracity! She's such a good character in this show and yea that's all for this one! It was about 2000 words and I think my average for one shots, will be between 1500 and 3000 words! Thx for reading!
~K