rumors

after school, i decided to head down to the local park to study for finals. thank god this school year is almost over with.

i was walking down to the park. the park seemed very packed today. but, i just ignored everyone and sat down at a bench.

i opened up my chrome book and started reviewing notes. i opened up my geometry book and starting writing down things i thought were important.

i quick glance at the scenery of the park, and there they were. lisanna and natsu.

are they purposely running into me.

i looked at lisanna giggling and hugging natsu's arm. natsu didn't seem happy. not one bit.

i stood up.

night as well study at home.

i stood up and grabbed both my chrome book and geometry book. i looked at natsu and lisanna one last time. natsu saw me.

shi-

he smiled at me and waved.

i smiled and waved back.

i then grabbed my stuff and left.

flashback:

i tapped the pencil on my desk as i thought for an answer.

"what could it be... i'm running out of time!" i whispered to myself.

i guess lisanna noticed my struggling. she looked back at the teacher and looked at me.

"think of the area." she whispered to me. i immediately thought of an answer.

"thanks lis!" i whispered.

"anytime." she whispered back.

i ended up acing that test. well, thanks to lisanna.

end of flashback.

the next day was full of people looking at me. and people whispering, was she the one that ditched lisanna? did she actually hit lisanna? man, she's the worst person at the school.

i shrugged them off as rumors. i never thought about lisanna making these up. like i said, she would always have my back. or, would she?

i heard more people whispering the rumors about me. until, i heard this over the intercom:

"will lucy heartfilia report to the principal's office?"

there was no time to think. i was actually aggravated with everyone. i almost stood in the middle of the hall and flipped everybody off.

i immediately thought of who would've told everyone about  the rumors. i had two suspects,  natsu and lisanna.

i entered the principal's door.

"lucy," he asked me. "what is all about this you and lisanna thing? i've heard about it everywhere."

i sighed. "you can thank the people that spread these rumors."

"i suppose," the principal said. "but what's up about the one saying that you slammed a geometry book in lisanna's face?"

OH HELL NO! i yelled at myself.

"okay, first of all, that's not true," i said. "i accidentally hit this kid named natsu with a geometry book because he surprised me by just standing in front of me. of course i said sorry but lisanna just gave me a dirty look."

"i see," the principal said. "but you and lisanna are best friends. why would she come into my office with bruises on her face?"

"okay! this has gone too far!" i almost yelled. "these aren't true! they are just rumors!"

"will lisanna strauss please report to the principal's office?" the principal said over the intercom.

i grabbed a makeup wipe out of my bag.

someone is about to be exposed.