friends with the pink freak

"what bet are you talking about?" i looked behind me and said.

the pink freak laughed. "it was a joke! i won the bet. gray has to be with juvia for a week!"

i actually started to laugh myself.

"anyways, i don't think i should refer to you as 'pink freak' anymore. your name was natsu, wasn't it?" i asked him.

"yep," he answered. "lucy, wasn't it?"

"you got it!" i smiled.

"anyways," i looked at the clock in the hallway. "i have to get to algebra. so, i'll see you later."

"you really won't because i have algebra too you know." natsu said.

"oh yeah..." i felt a bit of embarrassment go over my head.

we walked to class together. when we entered the room, i sat in my seat.

"good morning natsu and lucy!" miss virgo welcomed us. "by the way natsu, i let the new kid, sting take your spot. i'm completely sorry i forgot you sat there. so, you can sit by lucy!"

natsu smiled and sat in the seat next to mine.

"anyways, here's a little news flash for you this morning." miss virgo started talking. "who here is friends with miss lisanna strauss."

three girls raised their hands. i didn't raise my hand. hell, even natsu didn't raise his hand.

"well," miss virgo went on. "miss lisanna strauss was recently suspended for very intense rumors and pushing around a certain person for them to stay away from someone."

natsu seemed confused at first. i guess he tried to spell out who these people were. when he found out his mouth dropped.

"anyways," miss virgo started her lesson. "define these numbers. they will be on your test tomorrow."

natsu leaned over to me and said, "was lisanna pushing you around?"

i sighed. "yep, all though i prefer not to talk about it."

"no," natsu rejected my order to not talk about it. "next period, we are getting to class early and you're telling me this stuff."

i sighed realizing we had next period together.

"alright, but you better not tell a soul about any of this!" i demanded.

"yes ma'am!" natsu smiled.

i smiled back.

the bell rang. natsu and i grabbed our bags and ran to mr scorpio's room. we grabbed seats in the back. i guess we were early because mr scorpio wasn't in the room.

"so, luce, tell me what happened." natsu said.