A duel with fire and mischeif

Raven

We teleport into a small park about ten feet away from each other. My backpack lies at my feet and my knife is still in my hand. Loki stands across from me in his green and gold Asgardian attire holding a golden sceptre.

I kneel down and take my black armoured chest plate out of my backpack. I place it over my head and feel the metal knit it self together moulding perfectly to my body.

Loki's body disappears and he reappears behind me swinging his sceptre. I bring my own weapon up changing it into a double bladed sword and fending off his attack.

He launches several other strikes at me and knocks the sword out of my hand. It flies through the air in an arch and lands on the grass a few feet away. I kick him in the chest knocking him backwards onto the ground.

I fall back, do several flips, and land on my feet beside my weapon. I pick the blade off the grass and watch as Loki swiftly gets to his feet.

We circle each other hazardously and I try to break into his mind. Wall after wall comes up and I use my energy in a single blast that starts to fray his walls. I catch glimpses of his thoughts: Foolish girl, does she honestly think she can beat me? I am a god!

Foolish am I?!

He smirks at me, "Trying to get into my head, Raven?"

"Maybe, maybe not. Do you have something to hide?" I reply.

"I have everything to hide and as we are on this topic, what exactly are you hiding, Raven?" He says.

"I'm not hiding anything" I say staring into his suspicious eyes.

"Oh really?" He says with a laugh, "Then why are you continuously wearing gloves?"

"Umm" I say, "I don't like getting my hands dirty?"

Loki lowers his sceptre and starts laughing at me. "What is so funny?" I ask innocently.

"You are such a strange and mysterious girl. You only reply to my questions with ones of your own to conceal who you really are and confront me without a cause. I must say, I am quite perplexed" he says.

"I have a cause: to stop Ragnarök. You seem to want it to happen, so I confront you"

"And it never crossed your mind to ask why?" Loki asks.

"It did, but I thought you would just tell me anyway"

Loki smiles and says, "I plan to take over all the Nine Realms"

All? That's impossible. Even with Ragnarök you would need at least one infinity stone to accomplish that. Unless, he somehow got a hold of the Tesseract or my power. Maybe even the Infinity Gauntlet . Killing him is my only option. I lift my weapon and say, "Then we better get on with it"

We charge at each other with a clash! fighting with everything we've got. His sceptre slashes across my chest plate leaving no mark while I cut through the fabric of his left arm drawing blood. He regards me with a furious look and the point of his sceptre shoots a beam of golden light. The beam bounces off my armour and hits Loki in the chest, sending him sprawling on the ground.

A faint tremor runs through the ground and a small crevice appears in the grass to my left. I move closer to where Loki is as he (not very gracefully) picks himself off the ground. Deep cracks start appearing all over the park becoming wider and wider. Sparks and bright tendrils of flame rise from the cracks charring the once beautiful vegetation.

The ground explodes revealing inhumanly tall figures encased in flames. Loki and I stand back to back as they advance on us. "Fire giants of Muspelheim" Loki says.

"No shit" I mutter. The fire giants come closer and I strike! Three go down and I leap over them slashing my blade down on another. I hear Loki fending off more of the monsters and see flashes of gold light coming from his sceptre.

More of them appear out of the ground, a wall of roaring flames. I have to find Thor!

I cut through a line of fire giants creating an opening big enough for me. I squeeze through singeing my shoulders and run away from the fiery battle.