Schedules and Supplies

AMAZING FAN ART ALERT!!! Check out my Deviant Art page for a few drawings I got by you wonderful people! Thank you: PacificDraws, DragonRyd3r and Hourglasscipher. I love them!

Username: HowToLoveADragon

September 10th 2012

"You sure you know what you're doing?" I ask my brother with amusement.

Without taking his eyes off my laptop, Dipper replies sternly, "Yes."

"Ooookaaaayy~" I sing-song and step out of my room.

Right now Dipper is playing some more Undertale on my laptop. Mabel's downstairs working on her scrapbook and I'm just wandering around, bored. 'I guess I can go on my computer...'

I stop on the stairs and spin to make my way back up, when a voice stops me. "Macie, Dipper, can you come here for a minute?" 'It's dad!'

Before I can even move, I hear the click of my laptop lid closing and the shutting of a door. Dipper runs past me, but not with fear or anything, but with excitement and giddiness.

Blinking, I go into the kitchen where our parents are standing against the counter, the twins are in their seats as well. All eyes are on me as I walk in and take my seat, which I do not like at all.

"Kids," Mom starts, putting her hands together, "we just got your school schedules!" As if on cue, which it probably was, Dad pulls a few pages of paper out from behind him.

"Yes, I knew it! What do I got?!" Dipper reaches desperately for his schedule. I look on with utter confusion, while Mabel seems neutral.

Smiling, Dad hands us each our schedules. Before I scan it, I ask, "What grade are we going in again?" Mabel covers her lips as she horribly stifles a snort. The adults in front of us look at me in confusion.

"Uh- Macie! Hah, so funny!" Dipper starts laughing horribly awkwardly, patting my shoulder. Seeing my genuine gaze, I think he realized that I'm not kidding about my question. "She's- she's joking, obviously!" He smiles to our parents, then emphasizes, "She knows we're going into the eighth grade, right, Macie?" 

"R-right, sorry, I was trying to make a joke..." I put my head down, but raise it when Mom and Dad start chuckling.

"Mace, you're such a kidder." Mom shakes her head. I fake a grin.

"Anyway, those are your schedules for this year. If you want to change some classes you'd have to talk to the principal. Or we do...?" Mom looks to Dad.

"Yeah, just tell us and we'll get it situated for you three," he says, crossing his arms with a smile.

"Thanks Dad! Let's go, guys!" Mabel quickly drags me and Dipper away.

After we get upstairs, into my room, and Mabel shuts the door, we sit on the floor in a circle and lay our papers down. "Macie, how long were you in school?" Dipper asks.

I scoff, "Wait, you think I'm graduated? I said I was sixteen, not eighteen! I was in tenth grade, thank you very much."

"Right. Sorry." An awkward silence ensues until the boy coughs into his fist. "Anyway, I've always had mostly advanced classes, so I don't know if I'll be in the same class as you two."

"Wait, what? No, I don't want to go at all if I'm not in the same classes!" I exclaim in genuine fear. "I was home schooled since fifth grade. I can't just go back to middle school!" 

"Mace, calm down! You'll be in some classes with me, I know it!" Mabel tries at reassuring me. 'It's not helping as much as I wish it would!'