Beyond Two Kids

Title is based on the game 'Beyond Two Souls' also, Aiden's name is also from the character from the same game.

Aiden: Eye-din

Wednesday, October 3rd 2012

"You have to!"

"No, I don't"

"Yes you do!"

"No, Mabel, I don't!" I argue with my sister about texting back Aiden.

"Yuh-huh! Know why?" She doesn't give me a chance to answer, although I feel that her question was rhetorical in the first place. "Because," she drawls out matter-of-factly, "he's texted you a ton since Saturday and you haven't responded!"

"And that elicits me to invite him over to our house how?"

"Well, since you never responded- and you've been avoiding him during school!- you should, at the very least, invite him over to hang out."

"I wasn't avoiding him!" Mabel gives me a once over. "I was just...thinking of what to say!" I stutter out.

"Right, well, it's almost lunch, which means it's almost recess. Which means, all the kids go outside and I'm not allowing Dipper to help hide you anymore! I'm gonna actually grab Aiden and lead him to you!" Mabel says proudly.

"No, no, no, no! Mabel!" I cry out to her when she runs away, giggling. "Ughhh," I groan.

At this time, Aliya decides to walk up. I inwardly groan to myself, thinking about how I have no time for this. "Was that Mabel? Where's she going?" the girl asks.

"Like I would know? She just ran off," I reply boredly.

"Yes, you would know because she's your sister! Though she doesn't need you as one. She'd be better off as a twin with Dipper instead of being a triplet with your ugly face." 

'Is she trying to get a rise outta me?' I yawn involuntarily, which seems to make her even angrier.

"So tell me where she went, I have to talk to her about some things." Aliya flips her hair like Pacifica. 'Dear Thor, give me Pacifica instead of this she-devil any day...'

"Talk about what?" I ask, getting a glare from the bully, "What? You think I'll just give my sister's location away to the likes of you? Not that I even know where she is..."

"Ugh! Whatever, I'll find and sit with her during lunch!" she harrumphs and saunters off.

'Gonna have to ask Mabel about her later...'

The warning bell for lunch rings, so I hurry up and get to my locker. Dipper's been helping me practice with a lock at home, so I think I got this in the bag! Soon enough, I'm alone in the hallways as all the students already filed out to the cafeteria.

All the while I'm still here twisting and turning this darn thing.

"Need help?" A voice asks, coming out of no where. I jump many feet in the air from the fright and hold a hand to my heart.

I go to chew the person out but my jaw freezes at the sight of Aiden. We just stand there and say nothing while looking at each other in awkward silence until Aiden coughs into his fist, "Um, so yes?"

"O-oh, yeah, I do but I don't wanna give you my combination."

"Don't worry, that's why I'm here." I give him my confused face. "Mabel sent me." I 'O' in understanding, though on the inside, I'm seething. Smiling, he gestures for me to move, so I do and he opens my locker with no problem. "Ta-da!" He chuckles in embarrassment when I say nothing.