Starry Night

Alright so, the names are pretty biased because they could come from a number of things. So, technically, all of your guesses would be correct. However, what I had in mind when writing their names are:

Quentin, David, Claudette, Kate, and Anna are from Dead By Daylight.

Elias is from The Ancient Magus Bride. The last name Michaelis is from Black Butler. All the other names are random, haha.

November 22nd

'Here come the relatives...'

In an instant, before I could stumble out of the line of children, kids come barreling through the doorway as soon as Mom opens it. "Ack! Agh!" I ungracefully pick up my feet while awkwardly trying to not step on little people since they're shorter than me and they're trying to crawl under my legs.

After Claudette and 'Mary? No, Mary Ann, yeah,' run by, I take a breath but not before getting swooped into a hug by some random adult I've never consciously met in my entire life.

"Oh Macie! Look how big you've grown!" 'Actually I've shrunk, but you don't need to know that, random relative!'

"Hai..." I try to squeeze out but it sounds like Stitch attempting to speak instead. I look to Mabel who stifles a giggle behind her petite hand, mouthing, 'Who?'.

Instead of silently telling me who was hugging me, she instead joins in on the squeezing while happily greeting the strong woman. "Hi, Aunt Emilia! Happy Thanksgiving!"

'Ah, Emilia then... Safe to assume she's super affectionate?' 

A standing by Mom drops her smile when she notices our socially awkward teen brother is nowhere to be found. 'Lucky him...'

"Dipper!"

Emilia finally lets both me and my sister go when Dipper replies comically, "Whaaaaat?"

"Get down here and greet everyone!"

"Whaaaaaat?"

I roll my eyes, thinking of someone from my past.

"I said-!" She sighs, going upstairs. "I'll go get Dipper, you girls go make sure everything's not getting messed up by the kids.

"Kay," Mabel agrees before I could put in my two cents. By this time, I realize only now that we were alone for the entire scream fest since our relatives already made themselves comfy in the living room.

"I don't know if I can do this, Mabes," I wipe my forehead of newly formed sweat, my hands feeling clammy and, 'Is it getting hot in here or is it just me?'

Mabel frowns. "Aw, don't worry, Mace, me and Dip Dop will help, okay? So don't hesitate to ask!"

As we enter the living room, a boy's voice whines out, "Moooom! Claudette's tryna get her grubby little hands in the cookies!" 

I raise an eyebrow for two things. 

1. Who brought cookies and who am I hugging?! 

2. By the tone of Claudette screaming and crying about not getting said cookies, I'm a little more than worried about meeting the Price family now.

"You'll get used to them..." Shooting Star informs me. She gestures to 'Dettie' as everyone calls Claudette, "Dett' is, like, the queen of drama."

"More so than you?" I snip with a giggle. She laughs back.

"But really, she can get...what's the word without being rude?"

'Selfish? A brat? A baby?'