Chapter 17

Sharon's eyelids fluttered open, the brightness of the room telling her it was much later than she'd thought it was. She tried to make a move to get up but Louis's arm tightened around her waist pulling her against him. She held her breath for a moment, waiting for him to fall back asleep. She was being ridiculous but she wanted to get up and dressed before he properly woke up. It was one thing having no clothes on in the heat of the moment, however in the cold light of day she felt self conscious. She'd managed to get dressed on Saturday before he'd woken up, today she she sensed she'd left it too late.

"Hi," he murmured into her neck, and despite of her anxiety she smiled.

"So you've awake," she said and he made some noncommittal response, still half asleep. She shivered and pulled the blankets around herself, knowing they didn't have to check out for a while yet.

"Are you cold?" he asked running his hand over her hip. Since she'd had the operation she felt the cold a lot more. Her doctor had said she was probably anemic and not eating enough, and it felt like her recovery was taking forever. In an instant she was thinking of her scar. She definitely didn't want Louis seeing that more than he already had.

"Why don't you get up first and use the bathroom," she suggested.

"It's still early Sharon."

"I know but when we get up, can you get up first." He chuckled and her cheeks heated up.

"You're not embarrassed are you?"

"No but I want you to get up first." He began to laugh even harder and she shuffled away, pulling the blankets around herself.

"Come on Sharon, what's the big deal?" She gritted her teeth thinking no way would he understand. She'd put herself on the line and he hadn't, that was what it amounted to. If they didn't work out....she shook her head, trying to dislodge the thought.

"Louis can you just start getting ready?" He sighed, and shuffled closer to her again.

"It's still early, we don't have to get up for ages." She felt his breath on the back of her neck while his hands reached under the covers. For an instant she froze before her body relaxed, even though her mind was going crazy.

                                                           ***

Michael stared glumly at his college paperwork, it was almost complete but he hesitated over filling in the final information. He knew why. He was resigning himself to staying in California which he was happy enough to do for the time being, but four more years of school....He wasn't dumb, and he knew he could get into a much better college than Rydell Community College if money was no object. But it was if he stayed in America. If he went back to England it would pretty much all be paid for him.

"Have you told your mom and dad yet about your plans?" his aunt asked looking over his shoulder. He dropped a piece of paper over his forms.

"Not yet, I'll bite the bullet as soon as this is all tied up." His aunt pulled a face and he knew why, it wasn't fair to keep his parents in the dark.

"You'll always have a home here with us but please give your mom some consideration." Her words cut through him, it might be pathetic to admit it at his age but he missed his mum, and it hurt him knowing that he was going to hurt her.

"I will," he said quietly going back to the paperwork. Even if he enrolled in college that didn't mean he had to stay for four whole years. He shook his head, if he didn't complete his college education then what was the point in starting it? He knew he was doing this for Stephanie, and it could end up being a very foolish move.