Moondust - 6

Unedited

~A/N: Picture of Sylvia-Marie Peyton~

"Lyda, you're home!" Sylvia-Marie Peyton said as she ran to give her big sister a hug. Sylvia-Marie Peyton, or just Sylvia was Lyda's younger sister. She was only ten when Lyda left, now she was thirteen and already in high school. Her thick, brown hair had grown longer. It looked silky and smooth, most likely because she had straightened it. She was less chubby, with some of her baby fat gone. She looked as if she could be a model. Like Lyda and her brother, Sylvia had dark brown eyes too, and slightly tan skin.

"Yes, I am home. Don't you have school?" Lyda said, narrowing her eyes at her little sister.

"Don't be such a prude! Kol picked me up so I could have enough time to get ready. See! Mum bought me this dress." She said as she gave Lyda a little twirl. It was cute, very cute. The one shoulder, white lace dress had reached right down to her knees. From the waist up, it hugged her chest. From the waist down, it fanned out like the skirts that women wore in the 1800s. Even though the dress was stunningly cute on her, Lyda couldn't help but to think that, that one shoulder dress was a bit too much for a thirteen year old girl. But Lyda didn't say anything. Because she knew that her thirteen year old sister would be a lot like Lyda when she was thirteen. Insecure and closed off.

"You look amazing in that dress Silver." Lyda said, calling her younger sister by the nickname that Kol had given her when she was five years old. Her expression made Lyda's heart smile. The widening of her smile and obvious blush on Sylvia's cheeks was something that Lyda had defiantly missed.

"Thanks." She mumbled. Lyda smiled at her knowingly. She knew exactly how Sylvia felt, because she feeling like that at the moment.

"Whoa! I don't like that dress." Kol said as he barged in as if he owned the place. He walked in and stared at Sylvia. Her cheeks reddened even more.

"W-what's wrong with it?" She asked, shrinking back.

"What's wrong with it?" Kol asked, looking at Sylvia as if she were stupid. "What's wrong is that this dress is too... womanly for you. I mean look," he said, pointing at her shoulder. "I can see your shoulder!" He exclaimed, more shocked than angry. Lyda was annoyed by Kol.

"Hey, back off! She can wear what she wants." Lyda defended her. Sylvia's smile broadened and her face brightened. Kol's eyes snapped from Sylvia to Lyda. His eyes widened once he saw her dress.

"What the hell are you wearing?!" He yelled at her. Lyda shrieked back at the anger in his voice, and Lyda's eyes shifted to Sylvia, only to see that she had bailed. So much for sisterly bond.

"I know! I didn't want to wear it, mum wanted me to wear it!" Lyda defended herself. She had her hands raised in the air and she was slightly leaning back from Kol.

"Why would she make you wear that? You look like a cheap prostitute."

"NIKOLAI PEYTON!" Both Kol and Lyda flinched at the sound of the roaring voice. "How dare you speak to your sister that way!" It was their father. He stormed into the room and glared menacingly at her brother.

"But dad," he pleaded. "Just look at what mum made her wear." Her father turned to look at her then turned back at her brother. Then, as if he just realised what Lyda was wearing, he spun around until he was facing her.

"That dress is too short." He said to her. Lyda was too surprised to even speak. She just looked at both her brother and father's expression. She could basically hear what their wolves were saying. Protect. Must protect!

"David, Nikolai. What on earth are you two doing?" The smooth, demanding voice Lyda's mother spoke.

"Look at what you made our daughter wear!" David exclaimed.