Moondust - 11

~A/N: I would like to dedicate this chapter to @MaddyLils because she is literally thee best~

Last night's sleep had been good, almost too good. She had never ever women up so refreshed in the morning, so awake. She had gotten up to stretch, when a muscular arm, that had been around her waist, stopped her. She looked back to see her painfully handsome Alpha sleeping so comfortably next to her, with his arm around her. Seeing his sleeping figure should have made her happy. No, it really should have made her happy, because last night was the first night since forever, that she didn't have the nightmare. The same nightmare she had for a very long time. The one of her Luna being killed, the one of mother of man who was currently sleeping next to her.

In fact, she felt guilty. She knew that her heart would belong to James forever, and she wondered if she, Lyda Peyton, was leading her Alpha on.

Or maybe he was leading her on? She didn't know. He didn't give anything to go on last night, except the kiss. And what a kiss that was. It knocked her right off her feet and into his arms. He may not have given her any endearments, but that kiss said it all. And that's why she felt guilty. The kiss that he gave her said that he wouldn't ever let her go. It was so sweet that almost broke her heart. And for the first, the Alpha was the one to be endangered by a broken heart, not the girl.

She felt him stir next to her and that had snapped her out of her thoughts. She glanced back at him and noticed how his eyelashes were particularly long. How is it, that men have the eyelashes that all women want? It was long dark and thick, while hers were just short. Slowly, he opened his eyes. He gave her a lazy smile that had warmed her heart. His smile is so beautiful, she thought.

"You should smile more often." She blurted. His smile turned into a smirk as he lifted himself up. The blanket fell and she finally noticed his chest... his sexy, well defined chest. It was a six pack carved by the goddess herself... or well, it looked like it was. It was solid and hard, with a golden glow to it. Basically, it was delicious.

"Mmm, Candy I know I'm sexy, but please refrain from drooling at me." He spoke cockily in a husky morning. Lyda felt her cheeks reddened.

"My name's not Candy." She said fiercely, but still checked to see if she actually had drool in the corner of her mouth. He let out a loud laugh and got out of her bed. "Where are you going?" She asked, frowning at him. He looked back her, letting a small smirk form on his lips.

"I'm an Alpha, Candy. I have things to do, you can't keep me here forever." He said as his eyes fall down to her lips. Lyda felt a blush form her cheeks, but she ignored any warm feelings she was having.

"My name is not Candy." She said as she stuck her chin high into the air, feigning confidence. Alpha Deuce sauntered his way towards her and stopped at the foot of her fluffy purple bed. He grabbed her shoulders and buried his nose into her neck, inhaling deeply.

"Candy." He purred sensually into her ear. She felt heat flood her body as he lazily placed a small kiss on her neck. He glanced at her lips with a hungry expression. He lowered his head to hers and she could feel the warmth of his breath against her lips. She wanted to kiss him, she was all for kissing him, but she pushed him away. She didn't want to lead him on, he was her Alpha. Playing with him was not a good idea.

He narrowed his eyes at her and she felt sadness well on the inside.

***

Deuce had shown her a different side to him last night and this morning, when he fell asleep next to her and woke up next to her. And he knew that the side he showed her was his weaker side. He had heard those things that Jessica had said to Lyda, thanks to his awesome hearing. He was pissed. He threatened to kick Jessica out of the pack once she had exited the bathroom. He stormed out of the restaurant, Jessica in tow. He yelled at her, called her a whore, told her that she'd never be good enough for him, told her that Lyda was the one for him. Then he got in his car and drove away, leaving Jessica by herself. He had climbed up the tree next to Lyda's bedroom, apologised to her and then finally kissed her. But then to have her push him away hurt him. It immediately forced him to close himself up again and he stared down at her, his eyes cold. She looked down at her hands, and it was almost as if she was refusing to look at him. But why? What had he done that would make her act so distant towards him? Was she still upset over the events of last night? He didn't know, but he wanted to know.

He had planned to take her to lunch, on a date. He had planned to tell her all the things she had wanted to know and prayed that she would still want him in her life. But she had pushed him away.

He stood up instantly, his muscles tense. He grabbed his clothes and got dress quickly. "Goodbye." He said gruffly as he made his way to the door. He turned back, giving Lyda one last look and was disappointed to see that she still had her eyes casted downwards. He opened the door and exited the room, only to be greeted by the raw feeling of being rejected and he hated it. It didn't make him angry or annoyed. It made him sad. So sad that he felt as though he'd never be happy until Lyda opened up to him. He needed her and was never going to stop trying to get her.

She was his, and he'd do anything in his power to get her.