Moondust ~ 22 Friday (2/3)

**...Okay guys, I think this going to be the last time I update this story. I'm not stopping, it's just that I'm still busy with my exams and I had like a three day break, then I'm getting right back into them tomorrow :)
Hope that's okay with you guys!!!!!!...**

"You knew this whole time," Lyda whispered and Sofia just continued to stare at her. "You knew he was my mate and you never told me! And all this time, I've been talking about..." she trailed off, as if what she was about to say was painful. "I've been talking about James, and you never said anything. Why?" Lyda demanded Sofia. Sofia didn't know what to say, she never thought that she would be this angry once she found out. "Why?!" Lyda yelled at Sofia when she didn't answer.
"I didn't think it was my place to say!" Sofia said in a rush of panic. "He always said that if you were ever going to find out, it would be because he told you." She spoke in a softer tone.
"Well I had to find out on my own," tears started to well in Lyda's eyes and Sofia desperately wanted to reach out to her, but she didn't because she knew that if she did, Lyda would just move away from her again. "I was walking through the Forrest in my wolf and that was when I smelt him. I-I was happy I think, or at least my wolf was. So I changed back to my human form and followed the scent," she paused for a while, not knowing to say as she gripped the basin harder.
"Go on," Sofia said softly and slowly.
"And then I bumped into him. My wolf was happy, but I was heart broken. I was angry. Deuce and I got really um, close when I got back. Did you know that?" And all Sofia did was nod her head. "Of course you did," Lyda continued bitterly. "I was angry because I knew I had to go back and- and break up with James. S-so I went back into the Forrest to look for him and he had this romantic dinner planned for me and him," Lyda started crying. Sobbing, really. She clutched her head in her hands, Sofia started running to her and grabbed in her arms and hugged her. "He was going to propose to me."
"Lyda, I- I'm so sorry," Sofia said truthfully. She let Lyda go, but still held her by the shoulders. "I think you should go home Lyda."
"I think I should go home too." Sofia let go of Lyda and Lyda walked away from her without saying anything, then walked out of the bathroom. Sofia stayed in for a while, finally getting her chance to pee, before leaving. When she left, the first person she saw was Brad and made a bee-line toward him.
"Well, you certainly took your time." He greeted her with a big smile. Sofia didn't say anything, she just let him wrap his arms around her for comfort.
"Lyda knows," She said and felt her boyfriend become stiff. "He was going to propose to her, Brad." She looked up into his dark brown eyes.
"You did all that you could," he said. "But some things you just can't control. We all thought that everything was going perfect, but there was no way of knowing Aloha Walker was her past boyfriend that Lyda was forced to break up with." The voice of reason, she thought.
"I just-" She sighed. "If I had told her the truth straight away, she would have never have to go through all of this." Brad sighed and tightened his muscular arms around her.
"Sofia, you know that this isn't your fault," he said as he placed a delicate kiss on her forehead. "But, if you feel as guilty as you say you are, then there might be some way to fix this." He hinted at her, which caught her attention greatly.
"Like how?" She asked him. He chuckled down at her eagerness. Sofia couldn't help it, all she wanted was to fix this mess that she had convinced herself, was all her fault. When really, and she knew this too, this all Deuce's fault. Stupid Deuce, she thought. Can't even keep hold of your freaking mate.
Brad just shrugged down at her. "Do what you do best," he said. "Interfere."
***
"Deuce, you need to get over there right now!" Sofia yelled in Deuce's ear. He didn't want to go the birthday tonight, he hadn't had the will to, especially after the events of yesterday. So he just laid on his couch in front of the TV and sulked, sulked like he never sulked before. Until his cell started ringing and a very demanding sister yelling at him on through the phone.
"I want too, Sofia. I really, really want too. But she's not going to listen to me, she's just gonna yell and yell and yell, not letting me have my turn." He confessed to his sister who just sighed dramatically through the phone.
"This is your mate, the minute you walk in that room, she'll probably just jump on you or something like that." She mumbled into the phone.
"It's not that easy." He pressed. He pinched the bridge of his knows and let out a heavy breath.
"Then make it that easy," Sofia snapped. "This is your future- the pack's future, for christ's sake! You can't just all the goddamn time because things don't go the way you want them to go. You gotta take matter in your own hands. You are an Alpha not a freaking fourteen years old boy." And then, just before Deuce could say anything, the line clicked dead.
"Jesus." He muttered, before grabbing his keys and exiting out the front door.