VIII

"So, what are you, exactly?" Hillary asked both women sitting in front of her.

They're now at a small diner just beside Daniella's office. It was Lindsay's idea to get lunch and tag Hillary along with her.

Dani ignored the question as she does not feel the need to answer it, giving Lindsay the responsibility to answer her best friend.

Are they a thing now? Daniella doesn't know either. All she knows is that they hangout a lot now. Some days, she goes to Lindsay's café to fetch her to go eat somewhere. Some days, Lindsay meets her at diners like this. And there are days that Lindsay brings her lunch at her office on busy days. Which by the way gained a lot of questioning looks from her staffs, especially Deb and Anton.

The staffs have seen a lot of hot women walked in and out of Daniella's office. But never have they ever encountered the same woman at least twice, just Lindsay. It's more than just twice.

Tracy does not mind much. After all, she only learned about Lindsay as the Maid of Honor from the last wedding that The Perfect Bride organized. But she knows something is going on between the two, at least.

"What do you mean?" Lindsay asked, obviously knowing what the underlying meaning of Hillary's question is. She just want to beat around the bush for a while.

"You know what I mean." Hillary pressed while rolling her eyes playfully. Lindsay chuckled.

Daniella was busy going through her emails, marking some new clients that's been contacting her for days now, waiting for her to schedule an appointment with them.

"We're friends." Lindsay beamed happily which earned an irked eyebrow from Hillary.

Really? Hillary questioned her best friend in their eyebrow language. Lindsay just shrugged it off, now used to Hillary's interjections.

Lindsay's answer caught Daniella's attention but she made sure to still look focused on her iPad. Hillary mirroring her as she checks on her own iPad for her emails.

Daniella felt a tug on her chest, she knows that she and Lindsay just knew each other for roughly a month now. And it's so unusual for her to not make a move yet. She already told Lindsay she likes her but the latter doesn't seem to care.

She don't even understand why, but Lindsay never fails to make her nervous. If it was with a different girl, they could have had sex on the first day they met. But that's the point, Lindsay is different. And she's not just some other girl. She knew she's special and she wants to make Lindsay like her back.

Anton still insists that Lindsay is straight and he never fails to remind her every single day. But some days, Lindsay becomes sweeter than a normal friend. Dani starts to think that she may at least like her too.

Dani almost jumped on her seat as she felt Lindsay rests her chin on her shoulder. That's where she found out that her iPad has locked already. So she scanned her fingerprint to unlock it again.

That's the thing, too. Lindsay seemed to be extra sweet and touchy with her lately. Maybe she just have to be used to it. Maybe that's how Lindsay is when she's already comfortable with a friend. Friend. That pulled a string slightly in her heart.

Hillary just shook her head while staring at the two. She doesn't want her best friend to turn out to be a bad person as much as she doesn't want Daniella to be hurt too. They're both her friends after all.

"I have to go. I need to meet my dad at his office." Hillary excused herself and stood up, giving Lindsay a warning look.

"I'll see you soon, Hillie." Lindsay stood up and hugged her best friend goodbye leaving Daniella and Lindsay alone at their table.