X

"Hey, you're not answering my calls." Daniella said as she pulled the chair out to sit on in front of Lindsay.

Lindsay did not even bother to answer her. Or at least, look up at her. Daniella just stared at her and thought of anything she possibly did wrong but could not think of any.

"Now, I'm not getting an answer in person as well?" Daniella jokingly said to lighten the mood but it didn't make Lindsay budge a bit so she just waited awkwardly in silence.

Lindsay, on the other hand, does not understand why she's ignoring Daniella. Oh, it's because you went to your ex's apartment and God knows what you did there. There goes her brain again.

Daniella was getting irritated by the fact that Lindsay continues to ignore her and she didn't have a clue as to why she was treated like that. Out of irritation, she stood up and thought of going back to her office and have Tracy accompany her for lunch when Lindsay spoke.

"You were ignoring my texts first." Lindsay blurted out.

That got Daniella's attention. She turned her head back to Lindsay and creased her eyebrows in a questioning look, and felt bad upon realization.

"Oh." She said. "Sorry, I was caught up with some things yesterday and totally forgot to text back." Daniella explained. Well she did not exactly lie to her, she just thought that it wouldn't be necessary to tell her that she was with Amanda the whole afternoon.

"Right, busy with your ex-girlfriend." Lindsay rolled her eyes, and thinking that Daniella was still in contact with her ex made her uncomfortable. Again, she doesn't understand how she feels.

"What was that?" Daniella asked after hearing Lindsay murmur something she did not actually understand.

"Nothing." Lindsay simply said. "I'm going out of town to visit my mom this weekend." Lindsay didn't even know why she feels the need to tell Daniella whatever she's doing.

"Would you like some company?" Daniella asked to discreetly offer herself to accompany Lindsay. She hoped that she would say yes but Lindsay seemed to think about it.

"I mean.. yeah. The drive would be too long for me to be alone, anyway. I could use a friend to come with me." Lindsay answered and shot her a soft smile.

—-

"How was Amanda?" It would be an understatement if Daniella would say she's not surprised by Anton's question. For one, Anton doesn't like Amanda and the hell he cares about her either.

"Why do you ask?" Daniella asked him, still kind of taken aback by her best friend's question.

"Well.. I mean, the situation she's in is not so good. I just want to know how she's holding up with all that's happening to her." Anton explained although he's fully aware that he shocked Daniella by his question.

He admits he judged Amanda for too long and now that he witnessed Daniella's care for her ex-girlfriend, he thought that maybe what the two had was true love, given that Daniella does not really care about her other ex-girlfriends like she does with Amanda.

"Well, she's still not ok. She loves him even if he clearly doesn't. She wants to pay him a visit, too but I told her she would just more likely be depressed if she sees him helpless. Jonathan is quite an actor to fake how he really feels. I'm afraid she might fall for it." Daniella said in her usual cold demeanour.

That's what Anton admires about his best friend. She's genuine. If she doesn't like you, you won't get any care from her, she will completely shut you out in a heartbeat. But Daniella is a great person, she helps people in need, especially if she see them striving. She helped a lot of teenagers study and even paid for their tuitions to whatever course they want to take, with a condition of good grades of course. Her mom convinced her to put up an organization for it but she decided not to do it for now.