XIX

Daniella never heard from Lindsay for a little more than a month now. She's been sending her text messages but got no reply. She tried to call her more than a hundred times already but she's not picking up her phone. She left voicemails as well, but got nothing in return. She also tried to visit the cafe more than once everyday but no Lindsay in sight.

Releasing a lengthy sigh, she closed her laptop and stared at her phone blankly. She was itching to give Lindsay another call but immediately changed her mind. Today, she decided to demand to see Lindsay at the cafe. She knows she's inside her office, and she won't give up until she sees and talks to her.

She does not understand what made Lindsay so mad about a photo that's not even that clear in the first place.

—-

Daniella arrived at the café and immediately saw the barista at the counter beaming brightly at her. She approached him and asked where Lindsay is before he could even ask her for her order.

"Oh, Ms. McGovern is not accepting any visitors, Ma'am." The barista politely answered while giving Daniella an apologetic smile.

Daniella sighed but turned to where Lindsay's office is located. She doesn't wanna give up just yet, not today. She was about to reach the handle when it suddenly turned, revealing Lindsay and a man not taller than Daniella. It made her irk her eyebrows at the sight.

Lindsay was laughing lightly with the man but stopped when she heard someone clear her throat.

"Excuse me." She told the man. Lindsay's mood suddenly changed upon seeing Daniella.

She dragged Daniella to the corner of the shop by her arm softly enough not to hurt her. "What are you doing here?" She asked in a demanding tone.

"Why do you think I'm here? I've never heard from you for more than a month!" Daniella softly shouted out of frustration. It was building up inside but she was trying to contain it.

"That's because I chose not to be heard, Daniella! Why can't you get the hint?!" Lindsay angrily said.

"What hint?" Daniella calmed down but demanded an answer.

"I don't wanna do anything with you anymore." Lindsay said, releasing Daniella's arm from her grip but focusing her eyes on her feet.

"What do you mean by that?" Daniella knew exactly what she meant. She just wants to hear Lindsay say it.

Lindsay did not answer, she rather looked back to the man she was with earlier and saw he was talking with the barista. Daniella, however, did not tear her eyes away from the beauty in front of her. She just wanted to confirm what she thinks she understands.

"We're done." Lindsay said in an almost inaudible voice.

It was Daniella's turn to fall silent. Although Lindsay said it in a very soft voice, she clearly heard what she just said. Lindsay doesn't want her anymore. She doesn't want to do anything with her anymore as what she initially said.

"Is that guy your boyfriend?" Daniella asked curiously and in a demanding tone. She knew she wouldn't like what she will hear but she wanted to know where she stands. She already heard it from Tracy before, that the youngster saw Lindsay with a guy and it doesn't look like they're just friends. Lindsay turned her back without saying a word but Daniella quickly grabbed her arm making her turn to her again.

"Say that again." Daniella said. "I want you to look into my eyes and say it again. And when you do, I promise you will never hear anything from me anymore."

"Just go, Daniella." Lindsay said without looking at her.

"No. I'll go when you tell me we're done." Daniella said in a firm tone. She regained her posture and stood straight in front of Lindsay, waiting for what she would say. She won't give up until Lindsay says it.

Lindsay can see the other version of Daniella in front of her. It was the Daniella she knew before she actually get to know her more, before she became her girlfriend. Lindsay took a deep breath but still refuses to look at her.

"Just go away, Daniella." Lindsay said. Her voice was calm. But her heartbeats are racing and her stomach felt sick. She quickly turned her back and went straight to the comfort room.

Daniella just stood in place, still processing what just happened between them. She did not expect this to happen at all. All she wanted to do is talk to Lindsay and make things better between the two of them but it just turned 180 degrees from what she thought. It didn't take long for her to regain her strength. She picked up her bag on the floor, which she didn't even notice when it dropped earlier. Daniella took her time before she finally left the café.

'Calm down, Dani.' She thought to herself. She repeatedly told herself until she reached her building and went straight to her office.

"Miss Dani, I'd like to remind you of your meeting with Mr. Chase today." Alyssa beamed at her boss.

"Cancel it." Daniella simply said and banged the door to her office. It shocked her secretary but she did not complain.

"What happened to your boss?" Deb asked out of nowhere which made Alyssa jump from her sudden appearance.

"Bad day, I think?" Alyssa shrugged. That's what everybody in the office like about her. She does not want to meddle to any drama that's going on in their office.

"I'll just talk to her." Deb said and went inside her bestfriend's office.

As soon as the door opened, Dani quickly wiped her tears but it didn't stop Deb from worrying about what happened. She wants to let Dani know that she's there if she wanted someone to talk about it but she's not going to force her to talk either.

"Bad day?" Deb asked, concern evident on her face.

"I guess." Dani answered.

"Sooo.. are we partying tonight?" Deb asked to lighten the atmosphere.

"Of course. TGIF, right?" Dani forced a smile, a smile that Deb recognizes very well. It wasn't her happy smile but she doesn't want to press it so she just stood up and turned to go out of the room.

"Alright, then I'll let Anton and the kid know." Deb said while walking out of the office.

—-

A/N:

Hey guys! Sorry for the very long wait but I am trying my best to write a new chapter just so you will not be left hanging.

I know this is a very short update and it looks more like a filler chapter but I promise there's going to be a lot of scenes in the coming chapters so just hang in there with me!

Thank you so much for continually supporting this story! You guys are the reason why this story keeps on going! I love you all!