XIII

Lindsay stayed inside her office unproductively, she was not able to do the morning inventory or check if John did not report to work again either. Her mind travelled to Daniella and how she annoyingly missed her.

It's almost noon so she decided to go out and pick up some lunch, she finally made up her mind and she wants to talk to Daniella. She feels the need to talk to her even if she doesn't even know what to talk about, or how she would start a conversation with her.

—-

"I'm sorry, Ma'am, but Miss Dani is not accepting any clients after her current appointment today." Alyssa, the secretary, frowned as she informed Lindsay of what her boss instructed her to do.

"But I'm not a client. I need to talk to her." Lindsay disregarded Alyssa's statement and moved past her table.

Alyssa was quick to catch up with Lindsay's pace and was able to reach the door to Daniella's office before Lindsay could reach the handles. She stood in front of the door and wore a stern face.

"Miss McGovern, I regret to inform you that Miss Dani told me to call security if someone would insist to come inside her office without her permission."

"Then tell her that I want to talk to her." Lindsay insisted, she knows that she will catch the attention of the people around them any minute from now but her heart tells her to not give up just yet.

Alyssa sighed in defeat and walked to her table to dial Daniella's office phone number. Just when she was about to finish dialing, the doors to her boss's office opened and revealed Daniella with another girl.

Lindsay raised an eyebrow and a questioning look at the scene. She skimmed through the unknown woman who was obviously flirting with Daniella with the way she moves her body and laughs half-heartedly. Lindsay is not happy with the sight.

Daniella, after noticing Lindsay, quickly said something inaudible to the woman which made her leave, but not without giving Daniella a quick peck on her cheek.

"Bye, Daniella!", was all she said before walking past through Lindsay and walked straight inside the elevator.

"So, that's what makes your boss busy?" Lindsay spat sarcastically to Alyssa while maintaining eye contact with Daniella.

"Miss McGovern.." Alyssa tried to answer back but was cut by her boss.

"You don't need to explain anything to her, Alyssa. You're doing a great job fulfilling your duties." Daniella interrupted. She sent a quick nod and a soft smile to Alyssa before turning her back to enter her office.

She did not lock the door on purpose and was expecting Lindsay to barge in. Not long enough, she heard the door open and banged softly behind her, indicating that someone just came in.

"Why did you leave the house without letting me know?" Lindsay asked in a demanding tone.

"I don't want to interrupt your date." Daniella answered bluntly without turning her back to face Lindsay. She was looking at the photographs hanging on the wall while fiddling her fingers on an old abacus placed on the table in front of her.

Lindsay rolled her eyes, "So why did you leave?"

"I was not feeling well yesterday and the weather did not help either. I don't want to be a burden to your mom, Lindsay. So I called my mom to get me home."

Daniella turned to face her and saw a blunt expression from Lindsay. Really, she was expecting for her to ask how she's feeling now.

"And you're expecting me to believe that?" Lindsay asked with a raised eyebrow.